Surprises

I was still grinning and joyful from last night it was amazing. It was still dark out so I assumed it was 6:00 am. Turning my body I turned to see Daryl sleeping. His body heat radiated and he had his arms wrapped around me tightly. I blushed furiously as last night replayed in my head for the hundredth time. I loved him absolutely more than anything and no one could even compare to him. I snuggled closer to him and he kissed me on the cheek. "Good morning." I whispered. "Mornin' " He replied gently kissing me on the neck. Getting up I quickly washed off and got some clothes on. I grabbed some jeans and a leather jacket on top of a tank top, examining myself in the mirror; I noticed a bruise on my neck. "Shit!" I cursed, trying to cover it up with my long hair. He chuckled and threw on his vest, on top of a long sleeved shirt. Cautiously I touched the mark and he placed all my hair to the side so it was completely covered. "There." He said, before I locked lips with his. I snaked my arms around his neck and our lips moved in sync. We pulled away breathlessly and we walked out of the room to see Glenn smirking. "The hell are you looking at china man?" Daryl asked. "Nothing." Glenn rushed. "Imma go hunting be back later. He let go of my hand that he was holding and walked out of the house.

         "So?" Glenn asked. I don't understand-" He cut me off. "Yeah you do Wynter, did you go all the way with the Dixon?" He asked, lowly so nobody would overhear. Rolling my eyes I walked into the kitchen and began making some oatmeal. I dished out two bowls for Glenn and I and I ran my hand through my hair. Maggie came in with the same look as Glenn. I passed her a bowl of oatmeal and the 3 of us stood in the kitchen. "How was it?" Maggie asked, I shifted uncomfortably and I blushed furiously for the 3 time today. "It was.... um.. Amazing..." I said quietly Maggie and Glenn burst out laughing. "How did you find out anyway?" I asked them as I set the bowl back on the counter with nothing but scraps in it. "Oh just by your appearance." They replied in unison. "Well I'm surprised you aren't pregnant from how many times you've done it with Glenn." They both flushed and I smirked. "Not so fun being on the other side eh?" They frowned and continued eating in silence.

         Everyone awoke later on and I embraced my father. "Hey." He said suspiciously. Rolling my eyes I let go of him and kissed him on the cheek. "What I can't be happy?" I questioned, he shook his head and laughed. "Anyways I'm going to go on a run anyone coming with?" I asked. "I'll go." Josh, Glenn said in unison. Grinning I grabbed my quiver and bow and ran up to Daryl and I's room and picked up my backpack. Taking a piece of paper and a sharpie I wrote a note.

        Went on a run with Glenn and Josh be back soon.

        "Why are you writing a note?" Josh questioned as he leaned against the door frame shrugging I brushed past him. "Because if you know Daryl he will freak if Wynter is gone. Although I don't blame him I get worried when Maggie leaves." Glenn said and Josh nodded.

        It was colder than usual and the top of our shoes were covered in snow. "Damn it where is the nearest place for more food and antibiotics. And gasoline?" Josh asked with frustration. "Let's just keep going, let's try a corner store maybe they might have gasoline and some food left?” I suggested as we continued walking in the winter night. “Man they are going to be so worried about us.” Glenn said, as he held up his gun. “Relax we’ll be back by tomorrow, now let’s just stick with Wynter’s plan alright?” Josh told Glenn, and we continued making our way to the nearest thing we spotted. There was a dim light in the distance and we all exchanged glances. “Looks like that’s our best bet.” We approached it with caution like we always did and the wind blew the light out. It turned out to be a lantern that hung on a nail that was hammered into a wooden pillar. “I don’t know about you guys but this is scary as hell.” I whispered as we raised our weapons and went in. “You know you’re a lot like Rick.” Josh stated as we went inside the building. The floors creaked and Josh knocked over a glass, making it even HARDER to stay quiet. Rolling my eyes I continued leading the way. As I rounded the corner a walker threw itself at me. Cursing I took my knife out of my belt loop and stabbed it in the eye. Blood flew everywhere including on my shirt and face and the walker fell limp on the floor. “Are you alright?” Josh asked me, as I wiped the blood off with my sleeve. “Yes I’m fine let’s just find what we need and get the hell out of here.” They didn’t even stop to think, and we started looking through the mysterious building.