Chapter 8

The sound of yelling awakened me. I sat up abruptly causing me to feel light headed. Maybe going slow would be a bit better. "Hershel?! Carl? Rick?!" I called there was no answer. "Hello?" I called out once more. No response. What the hell was going on? I got out of bed and I fell to the wooden floor. Desperate I grabbed onto the bed and pulled myself up. I staggered out of the house and in the Distance I heard yelling and the group down at the barn. I staggered over to the barn but nobody acknowledged my presence.  "Why the hell does he have a barn full of walkers?!!?" Shane shouted. Wait there was walkers in Hershel's barn. How long had i been asleep for? Actually come to think of it where was The Greene's?  "What the hell do you mean she's dead?! I just found her damn doll!" Daryl argued, walking closer to Shane.  Shane chuckled darkly. "Daryl you found her damn doll!" Daryl scoffed. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about!" He spat towards Shane, Shane was about to attack Daryl when i went in front of them, when finally everyone acknowledged I was here.  "Stop!" I tried to yell but it only came out as a hoarse quiet voice. I stumbled and fell onto the ground again and I struggled to get up. "Wynter!" Lori's voice rang through my ears. Shane went to help me up when Daryl interfered. "Get the hell away from her." Daryl spat. "Daryl what the hell what do you think i'm going to do to her?!" I blearily watched Daryl get up in Shane's face and Rick and Lori stepped in. My parents really could break up a fight pretty easily due to their authority. "Daryl she doesn't give a damn about you!" Shane said.  "Enough!" Rick yelled. I managed to stand up finally with the help of Lori and Glenn "This is Hershel's land we can't just do what we please. Now I will talk to him, in the meantime do what you were assigned to do." Everyone obeyed and turned away. He sighed and went to help me, when I got lifted up. "I got her." Daryl stated, and carried me back to the house. I was still really lightheaded and he set me on the bed.

        "No Daryl I can help!" I insisted trying to get up only to be pushed back down. "Hershel!" Daryl yelled. Within a moment Hershel had entered the room with a quizzical look plastered on his face. "What the hell is wrong with her?" Daryl asked demanding to know. "She came down with a fever and the sun got to her, plus from the lack of nutrition my guess is her body gave in, after she had eaten rich food." Hershel stated putting his hand to my Head. "Mhm that feels nice." My head burned and the touch of Hershel's cool hand made my head feel less  like  a furnace.  "She'll be better in a couple days time. Daryl nodded and Hershel told Daryl that he would check on me every two hours. " How long was I out? Are you alright? How is your wound?" I bombarded him with questions. "You've been out for two days, i'm fine." And the rest Daryl filled me up to date of how Shane was acting really weird now, and how people were  learning how to shoot, how Carol had tried to convince him to not go search for Sophia.  "Wow alot has happened." I breathed taking it all in. "Carol didn't mean it when she said she doesn't think you guys probably wont find her daughter." I hope she didn't't she couldn't.  "Besides this group doesn't want you getting hurt we all care." I said sincerely, while yawning. "Ain't nobody care about me." He replied looking down at his crossbow. "I care." I stated turning my back to him before slipping into a world of dreams.

     Daryl's P.O.V. 

        What has this girl done to me? Damn i'm turning into a damn softy. I sighed and pulled the covers up more, so the girl would maybe stop shivering. The door fell slightly ajar and I didn't even need to look to see who was there. It was The Bastard himself. "What the hell do you want?" I hissed as Shane strolled into the bedroom. He motioned for me to come outside and I scoffed, he walked out of the room and I did as well.  We walked into the field out of everyone's hearing distance. "Well?!" I asked getting agitated. "Yer goin' to listen to me." I rolled my eyes, i started walking away when i hear him shout. "Hey The bitch is mine!" I glanced back my blood boiling. "What'ya say?!" I yelled getting up in his face and towering over me. "She is." He stated. "She ain't a bitch!" I yelled. "Man. Why are you defending her. She ain't worth anything, like Rick! Besides she likes real men like me not You!" He spat. "You ain't half the man Rick is you Bastard." I turned to walk away when he gripped my arm. I unsheathed my knife and was about to hold it up when Wynter gripped onto my wrist. I pushed her off of me and sheathed my knife with a growl. I stalked off, leaving the Bastard.

        A/N~ sorry not good at daryls p.o.v :/

        Wynter's P.O.V 

                Quickly i ran up to catch up to Daryl. I had awakened mere minutes ago and Hershel said I could go outside as long as i took it easy. Not like i would bother to listen to him.  Damn he walked fast. "Daryl!" I called out to him. He turned around and I gasped. I raised my bow up with an arrow, ready to be launched. "Go on shoot!" He demanded, with an expression as cold as ice. Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes I shot.

   I shot and the walker fell limp on the ground. It was sneaking up on Daryl, and a mere moment later it would have torn a piece of flesh from him. The walker landed with a Thud. Glancing back Daryl looked at the walker and retrieved the arrow out of the walker's skull. He nodded his head as a way of him saying thank you. I smiled. We continued to walk along the tree line and we eventually we ended up in the forest. i collapsed to the ground and a walker toppled on top of me. I unsheathed my knife and I was just about to kill it when another toppled to the ground. I screamed, and tried to push them off of me. I managed to get one off, and I was just about to stab it when the other, gripped onto my arm. Cursing I held my gun up and shot both of them in the head. The bullet caused the 2 walkers to fly back. I knew firing that weapon was not the smartest. And I was right. The group probably didn't't hear it as i was pretty deep into the forest.

        Walkers surrounded me and I grabbed my bow. I had only four arrows in my quiver and about a dozen walkers. Cursing I shot the first one closest to me. One down and only eleven more. I was about to shoot another one when an arrow went through it skull looking around I saw Daryl grabbing an arrow and loading it into his crossbow. We both continued to shoot and before i knew it i had no more arrows. Unsheathing my knife I charged at a walker stabbing it in the eye stumbling onto the ground with them. I landed in the leaves, and grabbed the knife. A walker sme to the ground as soon as i managed to stand. Three more fell to the ground kneeling and trying to rip off a piece of my flesh. They held me down and I struggled to break free. Daryl glanced at me and continued to kill the walkers around him. He grabbed a walker and stabbed it with his knife as I held the other three away from me by kicking and using my hands. Arrows flew through their heads and I managed to kill the last with my knife. Daryl grabbed the walkers roughly and set them beside me. "Are you alright?" He asked. I panted and nodded. Without hesitance I wrapped my arms around him. He didn't respond at first but slowly wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe in his arms as cliche as it sounded I smiled. He let go and the feeling vanished. He started walking away and i followed in tow. We eventually made our way back to camp. The smile was still plastered on my face, No matter how hard i tried to wipe it off.