008

The legend has it that Lady Gu, one of King Tae's favourite imperial consort, had committed a grave crime of poisoning another of the King's favourite consort. In a fury, King Tae had Lady Gu and her family executed. But little did he know that Lady Gu was innocent, framed by his jealous Queen. Her head went missing mysteriously after the execution, and her body was hastily buried without her head.

Up till today, you can see the headless figure wandering through the palace ground, searching for her missing head, while the cries of her severed head could be heard, waiting to be reunited with the body, complete once more.

Sana yelled and thrashed about violently, horrified by the nightmare of the bloody missing head crying out for the body. Then her fist collided into something hard. Her eyes shot open at a sudden yelp. She found herself lying on the soft bed and was surprised to see the prince sitting on a chair besides her, clutching his eye in pain.

"W-What are you doing here?" Sana spoke, her voice, still shaky from the terrifying experience.

Dahyun smiled awkwardly, removing her hand from her eye, "Nothing" I'm just a little worried about you. You fainted a moment ago."

Sana remembered the bloody head and shut her eyes tightly, trying to forget the gruesome scene as she wrapped herself tightly with the blanket.

"Where's the h-head?" Sana asked suddenly when she realised no matter how hard she tried, the image of the head kept returning once she shut her eyes.

"What head?" Dahyun acted blur, having already cleared the scene with Jeongyeon's help. She had no intention of owning up to her prank.

"The head on the floor!"

"Huh?" Dahyun gave a convincing confused look. Sana looked around tensely. Everything in the room seemed normal.

"You must be seeing things... you're probably just tired," Dahyun explained.

The japanese girl stayed quiet for a second wondering if it was actually made up by her imagination.

But it looked so real!

"So you found me and.. carried me to the bed?"

"If you are thinking I did something to you when you were unconscious, I-I d-did not!" Dahyun defended herself, determined not to be mistaken as a pervert. Sana was a little startled by his defensive stance. While she was looking at him, she noticed a little redness around his left eye.

Oh no, I must have accidentally hit him just now.

"Your eye... I-I..." Her hands fumbled around her mouth, trying to find the apology word, but it never came out.

"Ah, it's nothing. Nothing really..." Dahyun scratched her cheek shyly.

There was a moment of awkward silence as the two avoided each other gaze.

"I-I er..." Both blurted at the same time.

"You go first" said Sana.

"No, you first.

"I-I..." Sana hesitated for a long while.

"Alright, I will go first," Dahyun spoke instead.

"How are you feeling now? You were unconscious for an hour. Did you hit your head when you fell?" Dahyun asked in a voice full of concern. There was nothing but a genuine look in her eyes. Sana was a little surprised seeing the 'prince' behaving so caringly.

"I'm fine now" She answered, still not being able to not feel bothered by the punch she gave him accidentally. That it's just how she used to react when she was freaked out.