does social media improve conversational skills?

this is actually really long (longer than what i expected) and this is dedicated to those who want a topic to read about or have a convo with me or someone who you think would go deep into this with u

i actually had to write an essay, this was the topic i chose.
i have to write an essay a week for the whole 1st quater (which is like 9 weeks pray for me) and this topic got me full points (THANK GOD).. each essay topic has to be something i'm personally interested in and because i'm in my junior year now, i have to write at least 2.5-3 pages
continuing on, does social media improve conversational skills?
i did some research and a few 'experiments' or 'surveys' showed thats there isn't a clear answer.. let me explain.
first, who am i focusing the question on and what is social media? the research i read was about mainly the millennials and gen z, the social media most commonly used for socializing (messaging, just basically private or public conversations) was Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram. the more social media was used by the millennials and gen z, the more their conversational etiquette was decreased. what's so important about conversational etiquette? well, without it, the more vulgar our language becomes. just in the first week of school, a group of freshmans in the back of my bus were shouting curse words at eachother (as a joke, i know) but what's good about always joking around? these kids aren't going to develop any good skills for later in their life.
secondly, another paper i read, showed that teens would rather use their phone to communicate over talking face-to-face. these are the people that grew along technology advancing in their life, or they're socially inept and would rather use a tool to better communicate because that's the way they grew up knowing how to communicate. by always relying on technology for communication, sure there's a less stressful time of coming up with an answer or a topic to discuss, or even just a reaction of what's being brought up, teens aren't going to develop the crucial conversational skills they need.
lastly, technology advancing along with humanity isn't a bad thing. tons of people HAVE to rely on technology to communicate-take Stephan Hawking for an example. Hawking used technology for talking because that's how he was only allowed to communicate (he had issues with his motor neurons) and yet he was still one of the smartest people to ever live. so i beg the question, how much of this technology can we control? who is the one already/ going to be controlling it? technology advancing at this rate is going to inevitably going to be apart of a lot of lives around the world. how we're using this technology and how much of our lives we are allowing it to dominate is in our own control. so with that said, for those who constantly use technology and social media for communication, is it their fault that their conversational skills aren't good?
technology and social media will have some sort of an effect on your communicational skills one way or another. either you're going to be the millennial or the elder between the two (or more) of you talking. if you're aware of how much of social media has an effect over you're communicational skills then you're aware of how much it controls your skills.

have any interesting topics? pls leave them here. (doesn't have to be a question, but would prefer it)