dark paradise ° feng meizuo

everytime i close my eyes,
it's like a dark paradise.

ABROAD. Studying abroad was always part of the plan. The only thing that she was so sure of. Her parents supported her, providing her with the usual, "If that's what you want." Yes, It's definitely what she wanted.

She wanted to explore, step out of her comfort zone, out of the home she loved. Although Shanghai was the city that gave her the buzz she grew accustomed of, she never really found a reason to stay.

Her plan was set; She took the early admissions test for the next school year as a transfer student in Greece, finish sophomore year in Ming De, finalize her paperwork, hop on a plane and never look back.

But nothing really ever goes as planned, do they? She didn't plan on meeting Meizuo at a convenience store so late at night and she most certainly didn't plan on falling in love with him. Yet, she did.

The two got together after a few months. She wasn't a big talk of the school as Shan Cai was when she started dating Dao Ming Si but she was a part of a conversation nonetheless.

The poor girl was just setting herself up for a broken heart. She knew she have to leave, she knew they'd be over in a year.

She told herself that she should stop because it would only hurt the both of them. Good god, she loved him with all of her heart. She knew he did too.

They still had more time. So, she held on to that.

.

"Hey," She smiled as she heard his voice. She closed the door behind her, making her way towards the messy bed Meizuo was sprawled on, sitting on the edge.

"How was your day?" Meizuo sat up, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"We have another report due after spring break but since you're here, I can work on it some other time." She beamed at him, hugging his torso.

He chuckled lightly as he wrapped both arms around her, his chin rested atop her head.

"A letter from Athens University came in for you," He said in such a low volume. If she weren't in his arms, she wouldn't have heard it. She stiffened.

She left his grasp, running towards her desk, frantically looking at the date.

28th FebruaryResults Day.

She let out an irritated sigh. How could she forget?

That letter was in the hands of her beloved. Accepted; she would be happy because everything she'd ever worked for for this moment would pay off. Accepted; Her beloved would be a thousand miles away. Denied; she'd question what she had done wrong. She'd forever be in self-doubt. Denied; she'd have to stay and they could be together.

She could feel panic rise upon her body. She slowly tore the envelope open with shaky hands. She didn't want to know the results because both sounded like a terrible situation.

"Hey," Meizuo cupped her face so gently, holding it as if it could break. "Deep breaths, okay? Calm down."

"I love you." He added, giving her his winning smile. She nodded and let out a breath. She took the folded paper and braced for what it would say.

"We are delighted to welcome you as a student in Athens UniversityPlease confirm your enrollment through e-mail on or before the 2nd of March."

She stopped reading and Meizuo gave her the biggest hug, unaware of the tears streaming down her face.

"I'm so proud of you." Meizuo said before planting his lips unto hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, thinking of how she'd miss this. How can she ever leave someone she loved so dearly?

no one compares to you,
im scared that you won't
be waiting on the other side

"I'm scared." She whispered. He heard it, of course. Meizuo pulled her closer, tears dared to prickle his eye.

"I am too. It's just two years, okay? I won't lose you." He reassured her, kissing the top of her head.

"Flight 316 to Greece, Flight 316 to Greece, please head on to the boardi"

This was it. It was the inevitable. She'd leave him and he'd forget about her. She stood up, dusted off her pants, and looked up at him.

"Will you wait for me?" She asked.

"Of course I will wait. It's you."

And that was all she needed to hear.