do i wanna know ° hua ze lei

EVERYONE knew who this boy was in love with. Although unspoken, it was just something people knew about.

Jing was the epitome of perfection and he looked at her like she put every single star in the sky.

You knew you couldn't compete with the childhood best friend. It was the rule in every story. You knew it applied to yours.

You stared at him as he walked out of the lecture hall. His perfect posture but laid back demeanor, you couldn't help but cast your eyes at the beautiful boy.

Unrequited. The word is such a pain in the ass. It was the heavy feeling.

Hua Ze Lei; soft-spoken yet so serious. Falling for him was inevitable. You looked at him like he put all the stars in the sky.

There was a spark of hope that maybe he did like you too. The small smiles he sent you, the glances, and the— obvious act of kindness that anyone shows to anyone else.

"Delusional, that's what you are." You silently cursed to yourself.

You were losing hope. You loved him; you wanted him to love you back.

Hua Ze Lei saying the words, "Be my girlfriend." was the last thing that would happen.

Good things never happen to you.

The next day, you heard the exact words being spoken by the said boy.

"Be my girlfriend."

You smiled as you stared at him. His happiness was the most beautiful thing.

You watched her nod her head, he smiled ever so brightly, capturing her in his arms. Oh, you thought it was you? No, You just watched.

haven't written in so long,
so im sorry for this lmao.