All Hallow's Eve

It was the morning of October 31st, otherwise known as Halloween. 

Y/N got up along with the other Gryffindor first years and began to walk to her first class of the day; charms with Professor Flitwick. 

She had seated herself off in the front table right hand side, and was the furthest away from Professor Flitwick, so he wouldn't see how bad she was doing. Surprisingly she was doing okay in potions and was a little better than she expected in transfigurations but charms... was her weak point.

She was sat outside near the training grounds, a book of spells in her hands. "Leviosa!" She pronounced over and over to herself as she moved her hand as though she were holding a wand. 

Sighing in discontent she turned to the context page looking for another spell that would benefit her. 

'Homenum revelio.'

"Used to reveal human presence and detect intruders." She read aloud before bookmarking the page. She turned to the context again. 

"Alohomara. Used to open locks on various objects, beneficial for thiefs." Her eyes scanned the page and read it's contents. She could practice this one right now. "Alo-" "Hello Y/N. What're you doing out here? Everyone's inside." A familiar voice questioned and Y/N looked up to see the bright, cheerful, red-cheeked Hagrid. 

Slightly shocked she didn't respond for five seconds before she gave a small smile. "Oh h-hello, Hagrid. It's nice to see you again." She greeted politely. The large man smiled before pointing at her book. "What's that you've got there?" He asks gesturing his head towards the book. Y/N glances at the book before replying. "A book of spells, I'm not doing too great in charms and so I thought I'd use the free time to practice." Hagrid nods in understanding but the frowns slightly. "How come I haven't seen you with the other two?" Y/N is confused as to who he's talking about? 

'Draco, and Crabbe or Draco and Goyle?'

Hagrid then speaks again clearing up the confusion. "Harry and Ron" He says as though it's obvious but not in a malicious way. Y/N felt uncomfortable when he said their names. "I guess we just don't have much in common." Y/N shrugged awkwardly with a fake smile. Hagrid rose an eyebrow before shaking his head. 

"Come with me." He requested and beckoned her to follow with his hand. He began to walk away but Y/N just sat there not knowing what to do. Hagrid turned back around."Come on now, what are you waiting for a hand-held invitation?!" He exclaimed. Y/N hurriedly stood and grabbed her books before she ran over to Hagrid. 

________

They had both walked to Hagrid's house which was a hut. He opened the door for Y/N to enter and she did. She immediately rushed over to the table in the centre of the room and dropped her books on it, her hands sore. "I would'a carried them had you told me they were heavy." Hagrid stated before he closed the door and made his way over to the kitchen. Y/N sat in one of the chairs sitting at a dining table.

A loud, tumultuous noise came from the left side of the room. Y/N turned to see it was a large hound. "I see you've met Fang there. A good dog, 'e really is, just a big scaredy cat is all." Hagrid states as he grabs a tray with a teapot and two teacups on it. "Wouldn't hurt a fly, my Fang. Ain't that right, boy?" Hagrid coos looking over at the dog, he plops the tray down beside Y/N's books causing a few spots of tea to exit the teapot. "Sorry 'bout that." He says before he sits down in one of the other chairs, opposite Y/N.

He picks up a teacup and goes to take a sip. "Go on." He motions to the teacup on the tray before he starts to drink his own. Y/N picks it up and takes a big gulp though almost immediately regrets it.