Quidditch

That night Y/N sat pondering her life; a father who doesn't and never will love her, a brother who wishes nothing more than for her to disappear, a mother who is oblivious (or ignorant) towards her daughter's troubles, Malcolm the only friend she had had for that past month then Hermione, Ron and Harry; potentially her new friends.

The following morning Hermione and Y/N both walked down to the dining hall where they found Ron; stuffing his face with food and Harry who was gloomily keeping his eyes to his plate.

The two girls sat beside them silently, Y/N taking a seat cautiously next to Hermione, her eyes peeled for any sight of her malicious sibling.

Hermione immediately began to eat and Y/N joined in too, though found herself taking small careful bites, and unable to focus on eating.

"Take a bit of toast, mate go on." Ron attempted to persuade Harry as he munched on his own food.
Harry mindlessly continued to play with his food, despite Ron's efforts.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're going to need your strength today." Hermione agreed.

"I'm not hungry." Was all Harry responded with. Y/N felt the need to speak but decided to keep her mouth closed when her eyes caught sight of Professor Snape, dressed in his usual attire.

"Good luck today, Potter." The professor said unenthusiastically.
"Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin."

The four had now focused their eyes on Snape, his words biting at Harry's pride.

"Miss Malfoy," Snape paused his voice smooth and nonchalant. "I hope you reconsider befriending Mister Potter here, as it appears he only seems to attract trouble."
Y/N gave a single nod. "Yes, sir." But she did not move from her seat. With an eyebrow raised, Snape gave out a tut before walking away unimpressed.

"That explains the blood."
Ron, Y/N and Hermione all turned their attention to Harry.
"What blood?" Y/N asked curiously, her interest piqued.

"Listen," Harry paused leaning forward. "Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog, but, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asked quizzically.

"Wait, what do you mean by a three-headed dog?" Y/N asked perplexed as she leaned in, trying to hear the details.

"It's a long story, we'll explain later." Hermione said, dismissing Y/N's question politely.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults, said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"And you're accusing Professor Snape, of trying to steal it?" Y/N asked feeling as though their words were beginning to sound comprehensible.

Before any more words could follow, an owl's squawking could be heard from above.
Harry saw his snow coloured owl, Hedwig, carrying what appeared to be a broom.

"A bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione spoke as her eyes skimmed across the packaged broom.
"But I...I never get mail." Harry spoke befuddled by the object before him.

"Let's open it." Ron said eagerly preparing to rip into the packaging.
The four of them hastily ripped the packaging off of the 'mystery' item.

"That's-"
"That's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron called excitedly interrupting Y/N.
Harry studied the broom carefully.
His eyes then looked to where Hedwig sat perched.
He released a smile once he caught sight of Professor McGonagall.