five.

[ play song at the top for this chapter <3]

"Okay, Let's talk." He says making sudden eye contact. My heart was doing flips. His green eyes mixed with yellow pierced theirs into mine.

"How old are you Kenz?" He asks.

"16" I reply. "My birthdays in 20 days. The day after I plan on-" I look down. Johnny moves from his seat and sits next to me.

"Remember Kenz. I'm not letting you go through this alone. That's why I'm here. "

I looked at the trees as the humid wind hit my face making my hair blow.

"Come on, let's go" He smiled at me holding his hand out. After a few minutes of trying to get both of us down to the surface, we made it.

"How is this supposed to be fun if nothing works?" I asked him. He looked at me. "I didn't take mechanics class for nothing." He says running to the electric box.

I didn't understand what he was doing, it literally just appeared to be a wire mixing with forty others.

With a press of the button, the whole park lit up. "Oh my god." I whispered to myself. "Amazing isn't it?" I nodded.

Beyond.

I honestly didn't know what to think at this moment. It's the most I've been interested in at the moment.

Going out to my mom is walking outside, or sitting on the porch. She's too sad to take me and Maddie anywhere and that's not her fault I guess.

She's still battling the loss of my dad. I wish I could help her out, but she tells me I never quite understand because I'm just a kid.

Johnny came up behind me. "What do you think Kenz?" I turned to him. "Um, It's great really." I smiled a little before turning back in disbelief at everything.

"Look at me." He says softly. I looked at him. "Into my eyes Kenz." I looked up.

"Please try and be open to this. I need you to be alive for me.." He said with seriousness in his voice. I nodded trying to understand.

This is the most communication I've done with anyone in a long time so it wasn't easy for my thoughts to come across to him.

He turned off the lights and I followed him.

+

We had been walking for what felt like hours upon hours. "Johnny, my legs hurt!" I complained. He laughed, "It's okay, we're here now."

I look up.

"An arcade!! I love these" I smiled the biggest smile ever. I ran inside. I looked around at the space interior on the walls and floor.

Johnny went up to the cashier to pay for us. "I could've paid for myself you know?" He shrugs his shoulder. "What kind of guy would I be to let you play?" He smiled.

+

After paying we walked around and looked for games. I looked to the left of me "Dance, Dance Revolution!" I screamed while running to the brightly lit machine.

Johnny ran after me.

Johnny's POV.

Seeing her eyes light up at everything they glanced across. I wanted to be her source of happiness. Someone that she could trust with all of her thoughts. Her reason to live, and I have nineteen days to do it.

+

Mackenzie's POV.

I stepped up on the machine. I looked at Johnny. "Come on, play with me." He groaned and got up. "I'm not a good dancer Kenz."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't care come on." I smiled. I went through the scroll list seeing Shake It Up by Selena Gomez.

"Oh we have to dance to this!"

He shrugged his shoulders. "On second thought, I think you're going down." He giggled. I shook my head. "Yeah, hell no."

+

I look to the left of me. Johnny really can't dance. But its the funniest thing ever I have to admit. He looks so concentrated and I couldn't help but laugh.

As the song ended he stomped with his left foot. "I fucking hate that game!"

"It's okay, I only beat you by a point since I was distracted looking at you." He looked up at me. "Well laughing of course." He nodded his head and smiled.

+

After playing a few more games we bought a few stuffed animals and walked back to Johnny's car.

I sat in the seat and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I looked out the window. "Nothing." He looked down. "Kenz.." He spoke softly.

Honestly, now that I met Johnny I didn't think much about ending my life, but apart of me knows I have every reason to.

"Nevermind." He says while starting the car.

+

The car ride was silent the whole time. He reached my house and turned the engine off. I got out of the car and just like yesterday so did he.

I walked up to the porch not waiting for him this time.

He grabbed my wrist. "Wait." I stopped. " I had a lot of fun with you today, I just thought you should know."

I nodded, "Yeah me too."

He leaned in and pressed his soft lips to mine.

I pulled back a few seconds later. "Um, thank you.. for the.. um" He nodded, "Yeah, your welcome."

"Goodnight," I said.

"Goodnight Kenz."