"What? No! Mom I-" You stammer.

"___?" A familiar voice makes you squeak slightly and look up at Kid. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah Kid I'm fine." You manage swiftly with a smile, standing up and hugging him.

"You made a new friend." Your mom comments. You pull away from Kid and clear your throat.

"This is-"

"Eustass Kid. It's nice to meet you." Kid offers a hand with a smile. She takes it, glancing between you two.

"Sit with us Kid, we were about to order." She hums.

"Is that okay? I know you just got back, right?" He glances at you unsurely.

"It's fine." She assures. He glances at you again and you nod, sitting again. He sits as well, rather awkwardly. But after a few moments the three of you start to chat. You spend most of the day together. Shopping, sight seeing, lunch. Kid stayed beside you the whole time too. The sun started to go down and your mom decides to leave you two alone- without telling either of you.

"You said you were going to get snacks. Where are you? The movie is about to start." You whisper into your phone.

"Oh, I lied, you two have fun though, be home by ten." She chuckles on the other end.

"Mom!" You gasp blushing.

"Bye!" She chimes before hanging up. You lower your phone dumbfounded.

"Is she alright?" Kid asks, raising an nonexistent eyebrow at you.

"... Yeah she just sorta left us..." You admit.

"Why?" He asks in confusion.

"No idea..." You bluff. You were concerned about showing Kid the big screen to begin with. "But we already got the tickets..."

"Then lets go." Kid steps to your side. "She planned this right? I'm not sure what for, but lets go." He offers a small smile. You blink a few times before nodding.

"Okay then." You breathe, following him into the show room. He looks at all curiously, you find some seats for both of you, sitting together as the lights dim.

As you expected, he got a bit freked out during it, even pulling you onto his lap and holding you protectively. You stopped watching at that point, watching him quietly. He really was determined to protect you. Did he really care that much? He pauses feeling your gaze and meets it.

"I'm... Overreacting right?" He guesses with a small frown.

"No. This is fine." You smile a bit, resting your head on his shoulder. He pauses, watching you quietly before brushing a knuckle against your cheek. You blink, looking into his eyes quietly. He leans over but a blast from the movie makes him jump and look to the screen again. You smile a bit and kiss his cheek, making him freeze.

After the movie you two start for home. "That was fun.." You hum. "We should do that again."

"Really? Alright then." Kid smiles a bit, putting his hands in his pockets. You smile too, looking to the sky and pausing, catching a pink feather.

"Huh? What's this from?" You mutter as Kid freezes, eyes staring at it.

"There's no way..." He stops in alarm.