Volume 5 (Haven's fate)

Start from the beginning

Yang: Nope. *holded his hand and looked at him*Arion isn't the type of guy who runs away. He always stayed on my side and he still will keep it, so we're gonna do it anyway.

Yang let go of his hand and walked forward, bumped her mother out of the way as she passed her. Raven looked down before turning to see her daughter approached the Relic chamber. A tear dripped from Raven's eye.

Raven: I... *holded her arm as tears welled up in her eyes* I'm sorry...

Tears welled up in Yang's eyes as well.

Yang: Yeah... Me too.

Yang then heared the sound of one of Raven's portals as well as the sound of flapping wings from behind her. She looked behind her and saw a black feather fall gently to the ground. Yang then proceeded forward and entered the Relic chamber and Arion followed her. They approached the Relic of Knowledge - an ornate, gold and cyan lamp - as it rested on the stone pedestal. Yang grabbed the Relic by its handle, and small, indistinct whispers could be heard when near it. Tears then stream from Yang's eyes, before she fell to her knees as she breaks down crying. Arion bowed down to her and grabbed her shoulder.

Arion: I know how it feels, finding out the truth in hard ways like this. But know this one thing: You are never alone and will never be. I, Ruby and all others will stay on your side. Don't ever forget that.

Yang: *sniffed* Thank you, Arion.

Arion: And know that I will ever love you and nothing will change that.

Yang: Yeah, I know. But we should go back to the others.

Arion: You're right. Elevator or flying?

Yang: *giggled* Elevator of course. You're weakened. 

Arion: Yeah, right.

They went out of the chamber headed to the elevator.

Meanwhile

Oscar defended an exhausted Qrow while Ruby and her friends holded off their opponents, who were all exhausted as well.

Ruby: That's enough! Just give up.

Mercury snarled and yelled in frustration, slammed his fist into the ground.

Emerald: It's not over! Cinder will come back, she'll have the Relic, and she'll stop all of you! She won't let us down.

The platform leading to the vault was heard coming back up. Everyone stared as Yang and Arion came back up with the Relic of Knowledge in her hand while he still holded Cinder's mask. Emerald looked in surprise as Cinder didn't come back up. Arion then threw the mask hatefully on the ground before Emerald's feet as proof for her death. All of Yang's and Arion's friends looked up to them and smiled.

Ruby: Yang... 

Hazel seethed while tears stream from Emerald's eyes. Yang smiled back down to her friends and shared a brief glance with Blake, who looked down for a bit before looking back up to her. Emerald fell to her knees and began to sob while the now broken mask layed before her. Mercury and Hazel slowly backed away.

Mercury: Emerald, get up, we need to go.

Emerald shook her head and remained stationary.

Mercury: Emerald!

Emerald looked around as her breathing got frantic. She holded her head and let out a loud scream, activated her Semblance. Suddenly, the room turned dark as black smoke rised from the ground nearby. From it, a giant effigy of Salem, limbs bented and deformed, towers above everyone in the room. The giant Salem opened her eyes, and let out an ear-piercing scream as it swooped down over everyone. The screen went black for a moment. Afterwards, everything returned to normal, Ruby shook in fear as she came to terms with what she had just witnessed. Everyone in the room was still present, with the exception of Emerald, Mercury and Hazel, who have disappeared. Arion remained silent in great fear. What he saw, was much worse than Corypheus.

Blake: Wha-- what was that?

Ozpin: An illusion. But an accurate one. That... was Salem.

Yang walked down with an shaken Arion the stairs and handed the Relic to her uncle.

Qrow: What happened?

Arion: *calmed down* For short? A fight and Cinder lost.

Yang: I don't know exactly. When I got down there, Cinder was gone, and Vernal was dead.

Qrow: And Raven?

Yang: Gone.

Qrow: Well, we're all glad you're still here, firecracker. *placed an assuring hand on her shoulder* Not bad little mage.

Arion: How many nicknames will I still get. But thanks.

Suddenly, Ruby groaned and fell to her knees. Weiss catched her.

Weiss: Are you okay?

Ruby: *sighing* I feel like I should be asking you guys.

They both looked up to see Blake approached them. Yang walked over and dropped to her sister's side. Arion stayed with Qrow watching the scene Team RWBY came together.

Ruby: So Blake, what're you doing here?

Blake: I... I was gonna ask you three the same thing.

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang, shared glances with each other.

Ruby: That's... a looooong story.

Blake: Well... I'm not going anywhere.

Ruby: That's all that matters. *giggled* That we're all here together. Right?

Ruby looked to Yang as she said that. Blake briefly looked away with a sorrowful expression on her face. Yang looked up at her and smiled.

Yang: Yeah.

Blake looked back over to them and smiled. Weiss offered a hand out to her, and the cat Faunus eagerly joins in to Team RWBY's first group hug after a long time of being apart. The four girls embraced each other while their friends looked on smiling. Qrow, still holded the Relic, then approaches a panting Oscar, who was kneeling on the ground.

Qrow: I don't know how, but we did it, Oz. You okay?

Oscar: I'm alright.

Qrow: Kid?

Oscar: He's resting. Too much energy fighting.

Qrow: Hey, wizard, don't strain yourself!

Oscar: No! He had... a message... *took a few more pants* We must... get the lamp to... Atlas.

Oscar groaned and fell, but Qrow catched him. He laid the exhausted farm boy on the ground and looked over as Team RWBY finished their embrace. Arion kneeled then down to Oscar's side.

Arion: I'll take care of him.

Qrow then stood back up, and looked to the Relic he holded in his hand. The lamp was seen glowing brightly as the indistinct whispers were heard again. Qrow sighed.

TBC

Well that was for now with RWBY. But at Oct, 27. 2018 will start Volume 6. In the time I'm going to start my AoTxRWBY: The bird in the scouts. Till next time.