Matters Most

• Dedicated to to those who have someone who they would do anything for

Tears flow in a smooth river down her cheeks,creating pale streaks on flawless skin.Sobs shake her soft body as she clutches him tightly.

His warm embrace encasing her in safety as he murmurs sweet nothings. "it's ok" he whispers into her hair,even though they both know that it's a lie,it's what she wants...

Internally he relishes in the feel of her in his arms,even as she wastes precious tears over another. He pretends because it's what she wants,and that's what matters most to him...

He knows it will never be him,knows that she clings to him in love but he realizes that it is not the same as his own. Yet still he pretends,because it's what she wants...

His own that makes his heart beat faster in her presence,his own that sends an army of butterflies into his Stomach at the mere thought of her. Her who he cherishes above all others. Still he pretends,because it's what she wants...

He dreams of a time when it will be his name on her lips,when her thoughts wander to him without prompt,when her eyes seek him alone out,when it's him she wants more than anything. Yet still he pretends,because it's what she wants...

Even as his heart shatters,even as his soul aches. He still pretends,because it's what she wants,and that's what matters most to him...