"Would you like some wine?" Janet asked in a monotone voice as she leaned against the wall across from me.

"I don't think I should be drinking so much," I mumbled, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Oh, come on. Just one," she said.

I sighed, "You shouldn't be pressuring me into drinking. I don't need to become an alcoholic because of you."

"You will not be an alcoholic because of me! I'm offended," she declared.

La Toya came into the room with two glasses, both filled with wine, and handed one to Janet. "What is going on in here?" she asked. I shrugged indifferently and grabbed the TV remote to change the channel on the TV. I hadn't been watching much TV in the last two months because I hadn't had much interest in it, but I found myself bored, in need of entertainment for obvious reasons.

"She thinks I'm a bad influence," Janet scoffed, and La Toya shrugged.

"I didn't say that!" I defended.

"Well, it sounds like that's what you were trying to say," Janet said.

"Because you are," said La Toya.

"Well, if the shoe fits, then wear it," I commented, and Janet seemed to react abnormally to that, yet she had that habitual look of anger playing in her eyes. I couldn't really look at her, and I knew all too well that it was inevitable not to get into a some sort of dispute with her. And I couldn't afford to get into an argument with my number one alliance. La Toya looked back and forth between us before stepping in between us.

"Look, I think she's gotten into enough arguments this week, okay?" La Toya said, breaking the silence. "Maybe you two should go your separate ways for a few minutes- or hours. Whatever works best for you."

I sighed and got up, twiddling my thumbs as I ducked out of the room and up the stairs into my designated room. I plopped onto the bed, face first, and groaned into the pillow. I felt like ripping my hair out because I was so miserable. I hadn't been this upset since my time in middle school, and I can assure you that middle school was not a fun time for me. How come love had to be so complicated? Is it even supposed to be complicated? I guess it's true that couples argue because they love each other, but why so much? I want to understand, then again, this is just life. My life. This couldn't have drained the life out of me more than ever before, and I just want to go to sleep forever.

Immediately, I was jolted awake, but it took me a minute to see clearly since I could only see big blobs colorful lights. I never understood why that happened. I tiredly put my hands to my eyes, rubbing at them before groaning.

"How long was I asleep?" I croaked.

"Not very long... Just about twelve hours," Janet said, and I turned to look at her with a confused look while she stood in the doorway.

"What the hell?" I said.

"What? I could go days while sleeping. Twelve hours is nothing," she joked.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What do you want?" I asked irritably.

She scoffed dramatically, "Well, maybe I was going to offer you some food because I know you're hungry, but since you want to be rude..." she trailed off, and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up," I commanded, and a devilish smirk spread across her face. "I'll be down in a minute."

She shrugged and walked away, leaving the door open behind her although that wasn't how I left it; I'm sure. I drug myself out of bed and trudged over to my bag and pulled out something comfortable to wear because I didn't feel like getting dolled up today. Besides, Michael isn't here to see it anyway; I only did it for him, and he didn't even comment on it, so what's the point?

I hesitantly jumped into the shower and let the hot water slowly cascade down my body while I tried to clear my mind, yet I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. I tried to come up with anything that could possibly make our relationship better. Should he seek counseling? No, he can't even talk to his own family so that won't work. Should I be more aggressive? I've never been very threatening to anyone; that'd obviously be a challenge.

As I shut the water off and grabbed a towel from the counter, I stepped onto the fuzzy white rug outside of the bathtub. I caught sight of myself in the mirror and sighed, coming to a mind boggling, nervous conclusion.

Maybe we shouldn't be together.

what do you think they should do to get their relationship back on track ? you probably don't want them to break up, or do you ?

vote, comment, and fan.

mickeythemoonwalker ♡