~ 50

Chapter 50 |

Kyela's Pov

I was folding a stack of clothes when the door opened, and Michael walked in. I didn't acknowledge him as usual, but he came over to me and stood next to me.

"I'll talk to him if you really want me to," he said.

"That's not the point, " I responded, shutting the drawer. "This is not about what I want. I simply made a suggestion."

"Then what's this about?" he questioned.

"It's about you having a good relationship with your family," I answered.

He sighed, which I knew meant that he was about to tell me some excuse to get out of this.

"We can't just have one conversation and suddenly love each other again," he answered.

"You should always love them, Michael. That's ridiculous. How come you can love me again so easily then?"

"You're different."

"Why? Because you can have sex with me and not with them?" I asked, scoffing.

He glared at me, and I folded my arms. "Enlighten me. I would love to listen and understand why you can't do this, not even for the sake of your own happiness."

"I am happy. With you." he stated.

"I'm flattered, but really. At least I'm not the only person that you have. Don't you realize that they have your back? They're there for you, and you treat them like shit, Michael. I'm sure you would hate it if you gave me everything you could, and I just threw it away and disrespected you," I responded.

He scratched his chin and sat on the end of the chaise, staring at the floor.

"Michael, baby, I love you, I really do, but I can't watch you suffer like this. I know that you probably don't want to admit it, but you need them just as much as they need you, and I don't want to see you unhappy because you didn't reach out and be the bigger person," I said.

I sat next to him in the chaise, and he laid his head on my shoulder like a child.

"I'll talk to him," he finally agreed.

I smiled and looked at him. "For you, right? This isn't about me, so you're benefiting yourself..."

"Yeah," he said.

I lifted his head with my hands and pressed my forehead against, looking deep into his chocolate eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too," he said with a smile. I leaned in and kissed him. Feeling his eyelashes on my cheek made me a giggle a little, and I ran my hands up his sides and tickled him lightly, making him laugh and pin me down to the chair roughly, yet gently all at the same time.

He took his lips from mine and went to my neck, and I wrapped my legs around his so that we were basically stuck together, and he began to take off my shirt, but there was a knock on the door.

"You've got to be kidding me," Michael groaned. I laughed at his attitude and pushed at his chest to let me up.

He rolled off of me to let me up, and I got up off of the chaise to go to the door because I knew that he wouldn't. Unexpectedly, Janet was standing there with her arms folded and a mean expression on her face.

"Where's your boyfriend?" she asked.

I raised my eyebrow and pointed in his direction. She pushed past me and walked into the room, turning her nose up at the small mess that we failed to clean up, then she started yelling at him.

I simply rolled my eyes and stepped out of the room. I pulled all of my hair to one side and walked down the hall. I could hear Simone's voice down the hall faintly talking to someone, so I stop at the end of the hall to listen to her conversation. Honestly, I didn't think that I could fully trust her just yet. Maybe it was because of Michael. Maybe it was my instinct.

I folded my arms and listened.

"How are you feeling?" someone asked her.

"Uh, better," she answered, "Definitely better."

"Well, if you're up for it, you should let me take you away from this house and do something you'd actually like."

She laughed, "Okay. One of these days."

I looked around the corner and found it hard to believe that she was visibly flirting with Jermaine even though she didn't know that I could see her. He lightly touched her arm before walking away, and she turned in the other direction and walked towards me. I stepped from behind the wall, and she stopped dead in her tracks, eyes wide, and cheeks pink.

I laughed quietly, and she rubbed her arm nervously.

"Don't be nervous," I told her, "I've been there."

"Right," she said, "It's not even serious."

"I figured. Now, what are you up to?" I asked her, leaning against the wall.

"I was just thinking," she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her and waved my hand to encourage her to go on.

"I really hate being a burden on you and uses your things and staying with you like this-"

I scoffed, "I already told you that it was fine. You don't have to worry about it... I don't mind. We don't mind."

"I know, but I have my own stuff," she said, looking down.

"Okay, so how about we go and get it?" I asked her.

"I don't know..."

"Simone, if you want it, then we're going get it, okay?"

She looked up at me and sighed. "Fine."

"I just have to figure out a way to keep it from Michael. You know he'd never let me go without him," I whispered.

She looked around us to make sure no one was listening. "How about we go tonight? It's not too far. We leave tonight and get back before he can wake up."

"You want to sneak out?" I asked her more than seriously.

"You said that like he was your dad. You don't need his permission, but the only way that we can do this is by going in the middle of the night unless you really don't want to. You even said it yourself: he's never going to let you go without him, especially with me. So, what are you going to do?"

I sighed and rubbed at my temples.

"Okay, we'll go tonight," I agreed.

Only five more chapters left!!! Isn't that exciting? Sorry for not updating a little earlier, but I was working on a research essay... Had to put my writing skills towards something else for once.

mickeythemoonwalker