"Okay, well, probably not as much as I should have but I think the salad turned out good though," she grabs the salad and shows it to me.

"Yeah, the salad looks good." I grab a soda from the fridge and sit at the small little kitchen table.

"So?" Amy sits across from me.

"So what?"

"Did you do it?"

"No, I didn't ask her out."

"Why not?" She whines.

"Because I got scared. We did manage to have a small conversation though so that was... interesting. She bought a Queen record but didn't have enough money to pay for it all so I told her not to worry about the rest. It was only forty-two cents."

"Aww! Look at you being all sweet."

"Shut up," I scold. "She looked really nervous talking to me. She stutters and her cheeks go red. It's really cute."

"She might have a crush on you, too then if she does that."

"Oh, please!" I scoff. "Someone like her would never even THINK of being with someone like me."

"Don't sell yourself short - you never know. What else happened?"

"I finally got her name."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Chloe Beale."

She shrugs. "I've never heard of her. Have you found her online yet?"

"I just got home."

"So? Come on, find her!"

I sigh then grab my phone and type her name into Facebook. She comes up straight away and I start searching through her profile.

"She's single!" I say aloud, more excited than I intended.

"Yay! Now add her and ask her out."

"Are you insane? No way!"

"Come on, Beca. You're crushing on her hard and it sounds to me like she's crushing on you, too."

"Yeah, but-"

"But nothing! When she comes into the store tomorrow you need to ask her out."

"I don't know if she'll be there tomorrow..." I say gloomily.

"Why not?"

"Because I asked her if she wasn't going to come back now that she got her record and she said "probably" like she won't come back."

"Oh... Yeah, but that doesn't mean that she won't come back. If she really likes you then she'll come back with some excuse."

"And what if she doesn't? Does that mean that she doesn't like me?" I don't usually ask Amy for relationship advice but I don't really have anyone I can turn to and it's not like I'm comfortable asking for it in the first place.

"I don't know. Look, you can only find out tomorrow and if you're that worried then just add her on Facebook and ask her out. It's much easier that way instead of face-to-face."

"I don't know, Amy... I can't just add her then ask her out."

"Of course, you can! Why couldn't you?" She frowns as if what I've just said was utterly ridiculous.

"Because it's weird!"

"Beca, you're never going to get anywhere if you just wait. You never know, she just might be waiting for you. I mean, she gave you her full name. Who does that?"