Untitled Part 4

Day of the Charity Ball:

Dani has Jared running around here, there and everywhere getting last minute things for the event of the season, or so it would seem. Meanwhile, she is stuck at work behind her desk making last minute phone calls and checking on the entertainment.

Jared just got back to Rainbow to start his afternoon shift when he got yet another text from her:

*Our Masks just arrived, see you tonight!* Dani❤
*What u mean OUR? I just helped plan it!*
*You're my date! DON'T Wheedle out of it Padalecki!* Dani❤

Jared huffed a sigh as he tied his apron on and waited on the next customer. A man with dark, shoulder length hair, deep blue eyes and a smile that went on forever walked up to the counter.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" asked Jared, smiling with dimples on full display.

"Well, I'd like a Large black with 3 sugars and a Mocha Latte made with milk and 4 Splenda," said the man looking Jared up and down. He was kinda cute, in a giant, lanky, puppy kinda way.

"Sure," said Jared taking a moment to think about the black with 3 sugars... only one person he knows that takes it like that, Mr. Ackles.

Spent all morning setting the ballroom up for the event tonight, and now he has to cover Milo's shift until six and try not to think about Mr. Ackles' hot ass all night and embarrass himself on Dani's arm. He puts the cup under the latte machine, the hot wand goes off burning him on his hand.

"Sonofa...!" exclaims Jared shaking his hand as he gets the cover on the cup with the other.

"Are you alright?" asked the man as Jared turned around to put the two drinks on the counter, concern darkening his eyes. He felt the need to reach over the counter to inspect the burn himself, but refrained from doing that, just barely.

"Yea, things like this keep me here." Jared wanted to roll his eyes. Of course, Mr. Ackles could land a hot kind of guy like this man in front of him. 'Maybe I should just tell Dani I'm sick and not go to the ball tonight,' thought Jared. This guy would probably be all over a man like Mr. Ackles and Jared just couldn't stomach it. "That will be $6.50."

"Man, he'd better appreciate me," muttered the man digging in his pocket for some money. 'Jensen seriously needs to get out of the office more. I'm gonna have to talk with him,' he thought to himself.

"Have a good day," smiled Jared. 'Why would Mr. Ackles not appreciate him? That really didn't make sense.' Jared just kept his mouth shut and took the man's money, smiling. He watched him walk away and then waited on the next customer.

****

Chris leaves the coffee Shoppe with beverages in hand and crosses the street to Ackles, Inc. 'That guy is so Jensen's type. Wonder why he never goes to get his own damn coffee,' thinks Chris as he walks into the building and takes the elevator to Jensen's office.

****

Dani had just gotten off the phone with the DJ she booked for tonight's event and was heading out for a late lunch after texting Jared. The box containing Jared's mask was sitting on her desk. It was a beautiful powder blue with little white gemstones encrusted into the line around the eyes; it would go perfectly with the other surprise she had in store for her friend.

Jensen waited until she left in the elevator before walking into her office. He picked up the box and replaced her mask with a mask he picked specially for Jared. A beautiful, fiery red mask with gold and black lace-patterned etching along the eyes and nose, it fit with how Jensen saw the boy. Fiery in all sexual sense, with unmistakable beauty all around it.