"But it's Snape-" she began.

"Please, Aurora." he says, softly.

"No."

"For me?"

She didn't hesitate to nod, and she tightened her hand in his. She did roll her eyes though.

Aurora entered the room behind Harry and she could already tell the room was waiting for Harry to arrive as it was so quiet. Her father and Professor Snape were sat at the kitchen table, at opposite directions. Seth stood in the corner. There was a letter at the table. Aurora and Harry exchanged looks.

Harry let out a noise, causing everyone to look at him.

"Seth. You're back from the trip." Aurora says, not hiding the smile on her face, as she goes over to him. He leans down and hugs her softly.

"Look at you, you look so grown up." he mutters, sending her a smile. "We'll catch up after this."

"I'm sorry, Seth." Sirius breaks their conversation loudly, "We don't have time to waste."

Aurora sent Sirius a look. She still couldn't figure out what his problem was with Seth. He was jealous of his friendship with her mum? However she would admit, she found it amusing.

Snape looked around at Harry, then towards Aurora. "Sit down, Potter. Black I don't believe your presence is required-"

"You know," Sirius interrupted loudly, leaning back on his chair legs and speaking to the ceiling, "I think I'd prefer it if you didn't give orders here, Snape. It's my house, you see. Also I'd prefer if you didn't speak to my daughter."

"This is awkward." she mutters to Harry, who nodded, nudging her hand towards the same spot as him.

"I was supposed to see you alone, Potter," said Snape, the familiar sneer curling his mouth, "but Black-"

"I'm his godfather."

"I am here on Dumbledore's orders." Snape was now sounding irritated. "But by all means stay, Black, I know you like to feel . . . involved."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius asks, letting his chair fall back onto all four legs with a loud bang.

Oh my god, Aurora thinks, her grey eyes flickering between both adults, this is where I get it from.

"Merely that I am sure you must feel - ah - frustrated by the fact that you can do nothing useful," Snape laid a delicate stress on the word, "for the Order."

"He does loads for the Order!" Aurora yells, when Sirius hadn't spoken up for himself. Her glare narrowed in pure anger. "I know this might sound crazy to you but he actually has a family, a life. He's not relying on Dumbledore's little orders to give him a purpose."

It was Snape's turn to flush now.

Sirius sent her a proud look, and a wink.

"The headmaster has sent me to tell you, Potter," he continues as if that didn't happen. "That it is his wish for you to study Occlumency this term."