02|godforsaken superhero

[godforsaken superhero]

Brenda G

"Suicide is not a solution, Dammit!" A deep masculine voice that invoked a shiver from me, yelled. It was authoritative and so manly. 

"Are you stupid? You wanted to drown yourself to death!?" the mystery guy added. 

No moron! I wasn't! Ever heard of diving? That's what I was up to before you swooped in like some godforsaken superhero and ruined it for me. 

I inwardly lamented. 

It was at that moment that my eyes got a better view of my supposed saviour. His ebony locks of hair were resting lazily on his forehead and obscuring one of his eyes, making it a bit difficult to recognize his facial features. He was kind of hot, I admit, but hot or not, he just ruined my swimming and if there's one thing I hated was someone meddling in my business. 

My heart which was racing began to slow its pace as anger overtook my senses.

I threw an infuriated glare at the intruder, dived back into the stream and swam away towards the other side of the stream where Gg was busy watching the scene.

"You are welcome." I felt a hint of mockery in his voice as he yelled after me. 

 I despised being mocked and right after he said those words, my words came immediately.

"On top of the limited vocabulary you know, learn a new terminology called diving," I spat rudely, patting Gg lightly for him to get up as I dressed up quickly so we could leave.

"Oh, says a girl who I should sue for trespassing?" His husky voice spoke.

I neither spoke another word nor spared him a glance, instead, I climbed onto Gg's humped back and strolled away. 

"Idiot, why would I want to die?!" I grumbled angrily as we disappeared from the stream.

The dust had vanished which meant the air was pure once again and I could inhale it, without having to worry about respiratory tract infections. 

But you know the saying, don't point it out or you will jinx it? Yeah, they were totally right because as soon as I pointed out that the place was clear, a bike came gunning down the street and carrying with it a pile of dust. 

I started to wave my hand in front of my face to clear the dust as I coughed furiously. The bike skidded to a stop and turned around in the direction where we had stopped.

"Sorry!" a voice echoed and I squinted my eyes through the dust to be able to get a better view of the person who had stepped down from the bike and was strolling towards us.

"Sometimes showing off can lead you into deep shit" the voice which I now realised sounded feminine self-mocked.

What's wrong with people around here?

I watched closely and curiously as the figure approached. When she was close enough, she took off her helmet and her obsidian locks of hair bounced out in a fashion and fell over her small shoulders.

She was clad in raven, from head to toe, it was as if she was celebrating black Friday. She looked roughly my age and had a similar physique to mine.