"We were talking about like clothes and stuff..." he said lowly, and I folded my arms across my chest.

"What the fuck were you talking about clothes for?"

"Because she likes shopping. Maybe if you talked to her, you'd know that," he answered with an attitude, and he bumped my shoulder as he walked away from me, and I damn near blew up anger.

Janet's Pov

I was calmly reading a book when I heard footsteps approaching me. I looked up, and I was shocked to see an angry Kyela before me. Turning myself right side up, I cleared off the chair next to me and patted it, signaling for her to sit down because she looked like she needed someone to talk to, so why not hear what she wants?

"You look like you need a drink," I commented, and she nodded. I got up and moved a couple of books to the left and pulled out my secret stash of wine with the two glasses that I keep there.

"And you came to me, why?" I asked.

"Your brother is an ass," she said calmly.

"Tell me something I don't know," I laughed, but she looked absolutely drained physically and emotionally. I didn't know what to make of that, so I nearly filled the glass to the brim.

"What did he do this time? You came to me, so it must be pretty bad." I mentioned.

"He just doesn't respect me or my feelings," she grabbed the glass and gulped everything down within seconds, "You're the only person that he really doesn't bother, and I need help. I know you don't like me very much, but I'm desperate."

"Sweetie, you don't need help. He does, but you need to make him suffer." I said, smirking.

"What do you mean? I can't-"

"Stop forgiving him so quick, dammit. You can't keep doing that shit because he'll keep doing it over and over again until you're dead. Trust me, I know." I said while sipping on my wine.

"B-but you're not dead," she said, and I laughed. She could be really stupid sometimes. Maybe this is why he liked her so much.

"Not me, but shit happened."

She poured more wine into her glass and looked at me expectantly. I sighed and swallowed the rest of my wine and closed my book. Now, it's story time. I may hide wine and read books upside down, but I knew how to make someone see what they're missing.

"Okay, let me tell you a story," I sighed.

She leaned back against the chair and pulled her knees up to her chest. She actually looked like a cute little kid with her arms around her knees with her long sleeves pulled up over her hands.

"An old friend of mine had a girlfriend for a while, and they were pretty much in love, like you and my brother, but they fought all the damn time. It was so fucking annoying to hear them arguing all day," I rolled my eyes, and Kyela chuckled mindlessly. "Anyway, his girlfriend was really controlling and mean and obnoxious, and she wanted to know everything that he was doing, she always wanted him to be where she could see him, and she didn't trust him very much even though there was no reason for her not to, but-"

"Otherwise known as you," Kyela added, and I narrowed my eyes at her, and she held her hands up like she were surrendering. Maybe she wasn't that stupid.

"Moving on, he was very innocent and nice like you, and he never really did anything to anyone. He always minded his own business unlike you, but I always just had to be in his face all the time, and he got tired of me eventually, but I didn't want him to leave me, so I would always say the worst things to him. I knew they'd make him mad, and I'd have to go comfort him and tell him how sorry I was because I knew that he'd want to hear that, and he would stay with me until I did it again and again and again. Somewhere in there, he snapped, but I was way too selfish to notice, and he slowly became depressed because of me. I was driving him crazy, and all he wanted to do was make me happy, but I was so damn stupid, and he was never going to be the perfect man that I'd dreamed about because it was impossible. He was doing what he could, but I didn't appreciate him for that."