I returned back to the Salvatore boarding house trying not to break down once I had to leave him. "Hey! I'm back!" I yelled out into the house only to be greeted by silence. "Hello? Anyone home?" No one answered so I assumed no one was home.

My phone started ringing as I got into my temporary room, I didn't bother checking the caller ID before answering the phone.

"Hello, Emmaline." I let out an audible gasp and almost dropped the phone at the sound of his smooth and charming English accent.

"Well isn't this a surprise." I heard him chuckle on the other end of the line. "How'd you find me?"

"Well when I heard that Damon and Stefan Salvatore were both residing in Mystic Falls without killing each other I knew you'd show up at some point." I hated how well he knew me, it was infuriating.

"How'd you know I'd come?" I sat down on my bed and rested my feet on a chair while looking out the window.

"Don't play dumb Emmaline, I know of the soft spot you have for the Salvatore boy." I could hear slight annoyance in his tone.

"Is that resentment I hear?" I was trying my best not to laugh at him and his complicated ways.

"Consider me jealous." I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore, as I started so did he, and it felt like old times, before I had to worry about the originals, after all he was the one that introduced us.

"Oh Ezra, I still don't understand you sometimes, you know your my one and only." He laughed at that.

"I better be. I didn't put up with you for over 800 years just to come in second to a Salvatore." We both sat in laughter, just enjoying the sounds of each others voice.

"I miss you." I spoke at random once our laughter ended.

"As I do you, little one." I heard him sigh on the other end. "But you and I both know that if you were to show your face around me he would be even closer to you than he already is. Why are you in Mystic Falls by the way, you know he'll be there as soon as he figures out the doppelgangers there." I looked over to see Damon leaning up against the door frame.

"I guess you could say Mystic Falls comes with the ratings." I said referring to my number two Salvatore that dragged me here in the first place.

"I guess you could. Take care Emmaline."

"Always."

I followed Damon to the Mystic Grill, knowing he had questions he was going to ask. Even though I wasn't going to give him a lot of answers, I at least owed him the right to ask.

"Why is everyone calling you Emmaline?" Damon spoke up after about thirty minutes of silence.

"It's just one of the many names I've been called." I answered simply.

"Yes, but now that's three, I'm assuming, really old vampires that have called you Emmaline and I, your best friend, have never even heard of the name." Elena had been getting chatty, I see.

"Okay? Every old creature has lived my many names, you know this. Why is it any different for me?" Damon went silent for a minute, pondering my answer. I hoped desperately that he didn't catch on to the slight emotion clinging to those words.

Either he didn't catch it or was hiding the fact as he finally answered me. "Can I call you Emmaline?"

"No." My answer came out immediate and short, leaving no room for discussion.

"Just some name huh?" I glared at my glass for a moment.

"Damon, I stopped letting people call me Emmaline long before you were even born. There are just some people that I still happen to know that have always called me Emmaline. Besides, I stopped going by that name for a reason, and as my best friend, you should respect that." Not leaving any room for him to fight back, I got up quickly making my way to an alley to speed back to the boarding house.

Once I got there I was bombarded with questions from the doppelganger. "Who is Klaus? Do you Know him? Is what Rose said true? Are you going to help us? How did you meet Katherine? How do you know Rose and Elijah?"

"Elena!" I snapped out. "Calm yourself." She stopped asking questions and decided it would be best to listen to me. "What happened and where did these questions come from?" Once she calmed down she explained how Rose showed up and told her about Klaus and the sacrifice, and also said how she didn't know much but that I would know something else.

"Look, Klaus is real. Everything she told you is correct, everyone knows that, and I can't tell you anything else." I told her the least amount possible since I didn't want them to know everything just yet, not that it would matter that much, they'll find out eventually.

"Why not?" She pestered.

"Because I don't want to tell you the things I know, and the questions you have I don't have answers to." I knew she was about to ask me something else so I sped up to my room before she could ask and laid down intending to take a short nap.

When I woke up it was already dark outside, so I got dressed. I grabbed black skinny jeans, black knee high combat boots, a comfortable black and gray Henley shirt that I stole a while ago, and walked into the bathroom to change.

After I was done with getting ready I walked down into the parlor and found Stefan and Damon. "Oh no," I looked at Damon with a guilty look, as he knew what I was about to do. "I know that look." He stood up and started making his way towards me. "No no no no and no. I just got you back, I'm not losing you again." He held my arms, trying to keep me from leaving.

"Damon..." I sighed out closing my eyes and looking down slightly, ignoring the looks from Stefan and Elena.

"No, Em. I'll stop being such an ass, and leave you alone about the whole name thing, Emily suits you better anyway." He began rambling. " Please, just wait a little longer, just another day." I didn't know what to say to him. No matter how much I wanted to stay I couldn't, it was getting close to an anniversary that I promised myself I would never miss. I never break my promises.

"Damon, It's only for a week. After that I'll be back, I promise. I just need some time to myself." I technically didn't lie, even though I'm 800 years old I still hated lying, I guess I got my morals from a certain 900 year old vampire named Mykeal Ezra Jameson.

"Why? Why do you have to leave? Why is it so important Em?" I didn't have an answer, I did, but not one I could give him.

"I just have to little bunny." I called him a really old nickname, hoping it would ease everything up again. He smiled a little when I called him that. Finally, he caved and made me promise to come back within the next two weeks, and of course I made a promise I knew I wasn't going to want to keep.