Leaning on the wall deep within the alleyway me and the maid agreed to meet in, I wore a pale tanned trench coat. Underneath my trench coat I wore a simple navy sailor school uniform, typically worn by middle schoolers. My hair was not tied up but left down. Although it was brushed neatly, my hair somehow still swept upward in that weird curly way. My bangs were brushed to the side and pinned in place with a purple and white spotted hairclip. I wore a pair of nonprescription glasses and a small amount of makeup to conceal the dark circles under my eyes.

I made sure I was not in view of the alleyway entrance, but close enough to be heard when the verbal cue was made.

Hopefully this plan of mine would work.

"Are you sure we meet this person here?" I heard Atsushi's sweet voice from the entrance of the alleyway.

'Oh how lovely, he's here!' I found myself becoming giddy with pure joy, however I forced it down quickly.

"Yes. According to the letter, I should just call her name..." The maid, named Mitsumi, told him.

"Well, hurry up, miss~ I saw a nice bridge earlier that I wanted to scope out..." I heard another voice, a voice I did not recognize, say. This was a bit of a shocker for me. I didn't think that Atsushi would come with someone else... I thought it would just be him...!

"Erm, yes, of course... Um, Hanako-chan, Hanako-chan, are you here?"

That was it. The cue. I began to walk to the entrance, my school shoes clicking against the concrete.

Finally stepping into view, I replied. "Yamada Hanako is never late... Come sit, we have much to discuss, Mitsumi-san. Your little friends can come too, if they'd like." I kept a light smile on my face, playing my role well.

"O-of course..." Mitsumi slowly made her way in, the detectives following her in.

"Thank you for coming, Mitsumi-san. I understand you were unexpectedly laid off a while back from the house you served as a maid, am I correct?" As I talked, I walked to the crates. I had pushed one against the wall, and then two together a bit from the first.

I sat myself on the one against the wall, while Mitsumi and Atsushi sat on the other two. The mysterious man, with his brown hair and tanned trench coat so similar to mine, leaned against the wall watching us with a bright smile.

"Yes... I was."

Opening the notebook I held in my hands, I allowed my pen to flow across the page. As I did so, I tuned into the voices. Doing this caused the bright blue glow associated with abilities, floating kanji letters surrounding me. This was my fake identity, Yamada Hanako's ability, 'Know-all Diary'. My hair began to gently float off my shoulders.

Atsushi watched me with wide eyes. He had been unaware that I was an ability user, it seemed.

I heard small whispers from all around me. These were the ghosts, spirits who were not at rest.

"I see... Yes..." My pen moved faster, jotting down information as if an unseen force was acting on its own. I already knew the information, this was a part of the act. "Oh goodness, there's so much pain here... so much suffering... blood... bullets... it's horrible."