Chapter 12

~Time skip: 1 week~

I flipped through Netflix looking for that one show a friend recommend me. "Where is it..." The remote was suddenly taken from my hand and the screen magically showed what I was looking for. "Hwan-ah? You didn't go out with the rest of them?" He shook his head then sat down next to me. "Let's watch it together. I've been meaning to watch this." I nodded and played the first episode.

I was in awe of how beautiful Hwanwoong's laugh was. It's been a long time since I've heard a genuine one like this. "Script writers seem to love having clumsy and dense main characters." "Yeah. And they always go for the main guy or girl." However, this show wasn't any of that. In fact, the main character is actually going after the 2nd main. A lot of drama was going on, but most of it were avoidable situations. I paused the show and earned a glare from Hwanwoong. "Calm down. Do you want anything? Food? Drink?" "Oh, uh...some water would be great. And bring the bag of chips." I made my way to the kitchen then stopped as I passed by a mirror. "Who are you? You don't look like Keonhee..." I couldn't help but stare at myself. "Keonhee? What's talking so long?" I snapped out of my daze and hurried to the kitchen.

I was quiet for the next few episodes and I wasn't sure if Hwanwoong had noticed or not. He suddenly paused the show then looked back at me. "What's bothering you?" "Huh? Nothing. Let's keep watching, 'kay?" He turned all the way around then rested his arms on top of my crossed legs. "It's just us, Keon. Are you afraid that he'll hear what you say if you speak up?" I didn't answer him. I didn't want to answer him. "So you are." "I'm not." "Then why won't you speak?" "Because..." "Because what?" I bit my lower lip then walked off towards my room. I closed the door behind me then locked it. I was doing just fine, keeping up the positive attitude. It was better than letting everything get to me.

He never came to check on me, and I had mixed feelings about that. I unlocked the door then poked my head out. I saw Hwanwoong sitting beside the door reading something. "You're hungry aren't you?" "Yeah..." He stood up then told me to wait in the room with the door open. I was confused, but did as I was told anyway. He eventually entered with a table with food on it and placed it in front of me. "I'll be outside the room if you need me." "Wait..." He turned and waited for me to speak. "Thank you...and...stay." He plopped down next to me then took out his phone. "I am a bit scared." I slowly ate then glanced over at Hwanwoong. "Did he threaten you?" "No...I just...don't want to worry you all." "So you'd rather look like some sickly elderly?" I hit his arm in anger at his remark.

I found myself being fed by him as he complained I was taking forever. "I made this just for you, so if the others come back and see this, they'll want some too." I rolled my eyes, but I actually enjoyed the gesture. "Keon." I looked at him with an inquisitive look. "What have you been keeping quiet about?" We had a stare down and I broke first. "He...blames everything either on me or external factors. And he belittles me, but when I call him out, he says it's just a joke and to not be so serious." It wasn't all of it, but a good chunk of it. "And you obviously don't like it. So why are you still together?" I didn't know. Or maybe I did and was afraid to speak.