━━ sixteen

────────────

( the comeback )

( the comeback )

────────────

────────────

━━ The first day back at school, Mila was going to do something a little differently at breakfast.

Mila had talked to Hermione about it every night since her letter. She didn't know if she was looking for reassurance or something else entirely, but she had asked Hermione to tell Harry of her plan. That way, he would have some warning.

Hermione had told her that Harry understood what she was doing, and that he wasn't going to try and talk her out of it, but he wasn't going to go out of his way in order to help with it either.

Before the holidays, she had stayed out of his way during classes and lunch, opting to sit with other Gryffindors instead. 

But that was going to change today.

Mila got dressed and ready and made her way to the grand hall. 

Showtime.

Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy sat unsuspectingly at the Slytherin table with no suspicions about how the day might turn out. Mila knew Theo would be one of the easier ones. He had never openly paraded around his blood status, nor had he called any of the muggleborns names. He was one of the good ones.

Students at this school followed Mila's example. It was one of the things she'd learned early on in her infamy. Which is why, today, she was going to sit at the Slytherin table. Hogwarts hierarchy be damned. She was just grateful Parkinson and Zabini weren't there yet, she would have her head bitten off. )

She strode in, with all the confidence she could muster, to the Slytherin table, without looking back at the rest of her peers. She plonked herself down next to Nott, who sat across from Draco, calmly grabbed a plate, and started loading it up with scrambled eggs.

"Can I help you?" Nott asked. Mila was happy to note his voice had an air of curiosity rather than coldness to it. The poor bloke was probably confused out of his mind.

"Yes, actually. Pass me the bacon." She thought that was pretty funny, but Nott didn't laugh.

"Lovett," Draco called across the table. 

She looked at him innocently when he asked, "What are you doing?"

Poor Draco, she hadn't said anything of her ❛ plan ❜ in their letters. He probably thought she was having a stroke.