━━ six

────────────

( the locket )

( the locket )

────────────

────────────

━━ Mila was anxious the whole day. 

Bloody Malfoy. What could he possibly have to show her that she would want to see? His unusually serious demeanor had done nothing, if not make her even more anxious. Whatever it was, it sounded bad.

She fidgeted through Defense and Transfiguration; Harry and Ron shot quizzical looks her way every time she messed up a spell. She just had too much on her mind to concentrate.

When the time finally came for her to meet Malfoy, she shot off like a bullet, barely pausing to give her friends excuses. She tried not to make it look like she was running down the halls, lest she get another detention, which made her end up in some funny power walk as she made her way there.

She walked past the correct wall, and the door to the Room of Requirement appeared immediately, seeming to sense her urgency. When she quickly opened it, she found Malfoy already on the other side.

The room was empty, just like it had been with Harry last week. That meant all Malfoy needed was a secretive place to talk to her.

Why did he need that? She had no idea.

"I swear to Godric, Malfoy, if this is some kind of joke─"

"It's not," he interrupted her, "I promise."

"If it's so important, why didn't you ask me sooner?"

"I tried. I told you I had something you wanted on the train, but your dense head didn't seem to get the message. So I had to change tactics and appeal to your sensitive side. Though, I wasn't sure you even had one. "

She ignored his insult, "Just show me already." 

He was obviously hesitating, and it worried her to no end.

He held something in his palm that she could not see. She eyed him warily. He took a step forward and stretched out his hand to her. She looked carefully into his palm and saw ... a locket?

"Thanks for the jewelry, Malfoy, but I don't really feel like going to Madam Puddifoot's with you."

He scoffed, "Just look at it."

She took the locket from him slowly. It was metal, though she didn't know which kind.

She turned the locket over and blinked as she saw an inscription.