04 Take your marks!

Once you and your friends stepped foot into the stadium to find seats, the atmosphere was quite intense- the place was packed with other colleges and people. There were especially a few who had props for cheering, as well as the cameramen by the pool, who were fixing their equipments to record the tournament live.

"Guys, I found some good seats!" Hibiki pointed at the vacant seats at the top as the three of you climbed the stairs. And when all of you sat down with you sitting inbetween your friends (With Tomo on your left and Hibiki on your right) , you could see the entire view of the pool. It looked so breathtaking to you, seeing the clear waters at this height from above.

"The tournament's starting soon. You guys gonna cheer for Sagae and the team?" Tomoe excitedly asked.

"Yeah," You nodded.

The two girls had shocked looks on their faces as they turned to you when they heard you.

"[First name], what will you do if you find out that it's really him?" Hibiki smirked.

"Nothing."

"Ehhhh?! What do you mean nothing?!" Tomoe gasped.

"I guess it'll better this way. It's good to see that he's been well." You fiddled you fingers, staring at the pool where the swimmers had started to come out and line up to their race lanes.

"Is that so?" Tomoe spoke with a straight face and then brightened up as soon as she saw the line of swimmers getting ready. "Aaaah, ohmygod it's starting!"

"First up will be the 100m freestyle final race!" The announcement was made, "Take your marks....Go!"

~~~

The first race had ended, and the results were shown in screen. The first race was intense with cheers, and that shocked everyone who were watching.

"That Nanase Haruka guy is amazing..and it's just the first race.." Hibiki gaped with amazement.

You were as well amused, staring in awe at the screen for a moment. Watching the first race had sent shivers down your spine, and oh gosh, it was also your first time watching a swimming competition.

'If the race was this intense, just how intense would the upcoming be?' you thought.

"Oi" Hibiki poked you and pointed at the screen "Looks like it's really Hiyori."

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at the results board, where the previous names were replaced by new ones. Scanning your eyes through each names of swimmer, you spotted the one who you were in doubt for- Toono Hiyori. It was really him.

"I sense a love story coming soon~" Tomoe murmured to herself, looking quite happy.

"Next up is the 50m freestyle final. Take your marks.....Go!"

~~~
[A/N]

Hey guys, I apologise for the late update but here's the chapter! 

I'm afraid to say that I plan to be having irregular updates for posting chapters coming after the next one (Next chapter on the 17th) since my finals will be starting next month so I gotta focus on studies.

​​​​​I hope you understand, I barely have much time to write chapters with finals coming up. But i'll do my best to try writing and posting when I can. 🤗