"I drove her to the airport and we just talked a bit. Then she started thanking me and she kind of stepped out of the car. However, I pulled her back and.. well the rest is private." Max rattled quietly and smirked whilst telling, causing me to chuckle.

"In a public parking lot?" I scoffed, not able to believe it. Max slightly nodded. "Yes, but I don't think someone noticed and-"

"Max you need to be careful! If someone finds out about you two, there will be a lot of drama and you know it!" I sharply interrupted, glaring at Max full of disbelief.

"I know that very well and nothing happened.. except for a little meet and greet with me and Melody at the airport.." Max admitted.

"What?! You're on a picture with fans together with Melody? Did you loose your fucking mind?! If you think this won't get you in trouble, you're so wrong." I said sternly, shaking my head.

Max placed his head in his hands and sighed deeply. "Oh I know this will have consequences, but I can't help it! I didn't do anything stupid, Dan, the only thing I did was bringing her towards her plane!" Max breathed in annoyance.

"How are you going to explain this? If you lie again to the media, you'll bring yourself in even more trouble!" I exclaimed.

"I don't know, guess we'll have to figure something out then." Max said airily and scratched his neck, many emotions flashing through his eyes.

- - -
Melody

I threw my suitcase on the sheets of my beautiful bed, which I'd missed extremely much. I sighed, feeling exhausted of the thinking and worrying I'd done since Max and I kissed in his car.

I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram again. I couldn't help but read some of the comments under my posts. They weren't all that heartwarming and lovely as I'd wanted, but somehow I felt like deserving all the hate. I kept worrying and came to the conclusion it really was my fault, I shouldn't have kissed Max, I should've been more careful.

I swallowed deeply after reading plenty of comments and tried to pretend the hate didn't hurt me. However, it did.

I took a sharp breath and briefly closed my eyes. The silence in the house was intense, I had never recognized it before. Without Rose it felt different here, empty.

I squeezed my bottom lip and thought about all the drama I was part of. I wondered why I even cared, I didn't achieve anything by having a good reputation if I didn't feel happy.

Maybe it was only for the better if I ignored every single rumor, every bit of hate. I had already read some news articles about me and Max, where people instantly started to speculate why we were together at the airport.

Annoying.

I'd texted Max as soon as I got off the plane and he acted very calm and understanding. Luckily, because I needed him to react that way, otherwise I would've totally lost my mind.

And then a good idea popped up in my brains. I grabbed my phone and posted a picture I took of London, making sure people would see I wasn't with Max anymore. After I'd posted it online, I kept reading every single comment that appeared on the screen of my phone.

 After I'd posted it online, I kept reading every single comment that appeared on the screen of my phone