Sacrifices : The Drained

Sorry, I know this chapter is short but I really didn't know how to go on from this point!

                                                                         The Drained

  The flight had been a liberating experience. The plane seemed a ferry to another dimension, one where Justin, Matt, Aden, and Ember's most quixotic fantasies were within reach. It was as if a cloudy film had been lifted from Ember's eyes and now she was seeing the world clearly for the first time in her life. The Chicago airport in which they were perched might as well have been a new world where no flicker of light was shy of neon.

 *           *          *

  Never before had she felt more like a god. Thousands of ecstatic voices thundered in her ears. The cheering was so intoxicating that Ember really didn't care if it was for Hungover Kids or if it was simply in anticipation for The Drained. Regardless of who it was for, it had Ember breezing around the stage like a wild animal. Nothing was too out there tonight.

  “We won't get any answers till we ask the right questions,” Ember sang with electricity in her voice. “And take a free ride in the opposite direction.”

  Ember figured she'd just have fun tonight. She wouldn't hesitate to climb up something or swing on a random chain when the opportunity fluttered in the air, but she would stray away from the more controversial staples of her act for now.

  Her heart beat like the body of a cocained showgirl, and the sweat that masked her skin mimicked pure sugar. Her body twisted and contorted like a flame on a wick. Perfection had officially swallowed Ember whole.

*          *          *

  The young hours of  morning slithered around before The Drained finally called it a night. Ember had been having the time of her life backstage with her band along with Adrienne.