The Blind Banker

The next morning, I woke up early as I had to go hunting for furniture. I took a quick shower and dressed myself in denims and a white shirt. Mrs Hudson brought me buttered toast and a cup of coffee. I thanked her and headed out after locking the door to my house.
After I had ordered everything and selected what I wanted, I made my way out of the shop and headed to a grocery store. I was just going through a variety of pastas when the thought of Sherlock coursed my mind.
How can a person be so heartless?
He kept on going about my dead brother as if he was nobody important.
I have been taught that emotions cloud judgment but Sherlock Holmes is just...
And to think John compared me to him. I can be a massive arrogant jerk but I don't insult the memory of someone who's dead.
A person bumped into me and walked on without stopping.
"Excuse you." I said.
"What was that?" The middle-aged lady turned towards me with a scowl on her face
"My polite way of saying, 'you should bloody watch where you're going'." I smirked.
She glared, "Listen here girl, you don't know who you're talking to. You need to show some respect."
I yawned obnoxiously, "The minister's daughter who's recently gone through a breakup with her boyfriend and has spent the previous night drinking alcohol judging by the smell of your breath. How pathetic."
She opened her mouth and closed it again.
"How did you- what kind of a freak are you?"
"One who has better things to do than talk to  imbeciles." I haughtily  said.
With one last glare, she turned the corner and left while I smiled to myself.
As I made my way out, I spotted a familiar tuft of blonde hair and military figure walking out of the same store.
"John?"
Sherlock's POV
I didn't sleep very well last night, I kept thinking about her. She's so... different. Her intelligence is remarkable, in fact at par with mine. But, she shows certain emotions. She's well in control of what she displays in front of others. But, there's something she's hiding. I didn't mean to hurt her yesterday, I could tell that she was very upset when I mentioned her brother.
This hasn't happened before. But, I feel bad for making her... upset. Maybe it was John, he lectured me a good hour after she left. Yeah, must be one of those 'guilt' things.
I concluded as I sipped the last of my tea.
F/N's POV
"John?"
The person turned towards me, "Y/N?"

"It's nice bumping into you here." I smiled at him, pulling my hands out of my pocket.

"Yeah, grocery shopping?" He asked.

"Kind of." I shrugged.

"You too?" 

"Uh yeah, but I wasn't able to buy anything." He made a face.

I chuckled, "Why? What happened?"

"Because I had a row with a chip-and-PIN machine." He sighed.

I laughed, "Come on, let's head home, I'm freezing." He nodded and we called a cab.

We reached Baker Street in a couple of minutes and I after arguing with John for a good ten minutes payed the driver.

We entered and I rubbed my hands together. 

"Would you like to come up for a cup of coffee?" He asked me. I reveled over the idea, scrunching up my nose, "That didn't quite go well the last time."

He sighed, "True, but you can ignore him. Besides, you haven't bought any food."

I protested but he dragged me upstairs. He opened the door to his flat and we  walked in. My eyes landed on the egoistic arsehole who was casually sitting on the chair, reading a book. I scowled at him and allowed my eyes to move around.

Huh...

Something seems odd....

I scrutinized the place carefully, it appeared as if someone had a row here then I looked back at the detective who had just looked up from his book.

Sherlock's POV

I was successful in distracting the man and managed to strike him unconscious. He crumpled to the floor and I brushed off my clothes, walking away. After a few minutes of my settling down, the door opened and John walked in. But, there was someone with him. I looked up and saw a female figure eyeing the flat.

Y/N...

What was she doing here? She's noticed something's weird. So, to distract her from deducing further I looked up at John, "You took your time."

   "Yeah, I didn't get the shopping." He replied. 

  "What? Why not?" 

He  replied annoyed, " Because I had a row, in the shop, with a chip-and-PIN machine. " 

At this point Y/N's attention turned to us and she chuckled. 

  '"You ... you had a row with a machine? "  I asked, lowering my book.

  "Sort of. It sat there and I shouted abuse. Have you got cash?" 

I held back a smile and pointed towards the kitchen. 

  "Take my card." While coming out he handed Y/N a cup of coffee and she smiled at him.

"You could always go yourself, you know. You've been sitting there all morning. You've not even moved since I left." He said, turning towards me.

I sighed, if only he knew. I shrugged remembering the little encounter with the now unconscious man.

  "And what happened about that case you were offered – the Jaria Diamond?"

"Wait- a case?" Y/N asked, her eyes glimmered with excitement.

"Yeah there's been a theft-you're starting work tomorrow, right?"

She nodded, "I can't wait to start working- I get terribly bored sitting around, doing nothing."

John chuckled and I replied him, "Not interested. I sent them a message."

 Why is everyone so infatuated with her?

She's not been here one day and...

I could see John shaking his head and whispering.

"Well I'll get going now."

Y/N said.

"Thanks for the coffee, John." She smiled.

"Yeah, no problem." He replied. She shot me a cold stare and walked out.

Y/N's POV

Ah, the coffee was delicious. 

But, I had to see Sherlock. I hate that annoying prat.

The first thing I'm gonna do when I go to work, is ban him from all crime scenes.

I smirked, that ought to teach him. 

Some consulting detective he'll be then. 

Hey  guys!

I know I'm super duper later and I'm really sorry

But I had my exams and I was busy studying.

I wrote this chapter today and I know it's kinda average...

And I know I'm making Sherlock a pompous and annoying prat and Y/N hates him. But, that's gonna change very soon. So, keep reading and please vote and leave a comment or two!

Next chapter up tomorrow!

Till then, 

Au Revoir!