P R O L O G U E [2/2]

A few weeks had passed by, and ever since that encounter and becoming friends with Hiyori, the both of you had been meeting and playing with each other at the park often.

And not only that, but you were getting to know him a little better. Both of you attended different elementary schools in the area. In addition, you had learnt that he'd been attending swimming school to pass time as his parents were always busy that they couldn't spend time with him.

It was sad to know that he was always alone, but you were glad he wasn't feeling alone as you were there.

'I wonder if he's glad that we're friends too..'

~~~

Another day came by and as usual, you were on your way to meet up and play with Hiyori again at the park this afternoon. But surprisingly, he wasn't there.

'That's weird, Hiyori's usually here before me. Maybe he's just late? I guess I'll wait'

You sighed, sitting on the sandbox and playing by yourself. You decided to wait for him a while longer. But as evening came, it turned out he never came to meet up.

A few days later after that incident, you kept going back to the park but he had never showed up since that day.

"Not today either, huh.." You sighed, looking down at the sandcastle you built.

"Ah, you must be Hiyo-chan's friend? I've seen you a couple of times here with him." You heard a voice above you, looking up to see a woman.

It was the familiar woman who was concerned about Hiyori that first day you decided to talk to him.

"Y-yes," you nodded.

"These days...Why aren't you playing with the other kids?" she asked you with concerned look on her face.

"I've been waiting for Hiyori.."

"Heh?" She blinked, "What do you mean?"

"He hasn't been showing up lately, but I'm waiting for him incase.." You smiled sadly.

"Oh dear, I don't think he has told you yet..," the lady sighed. "Hiyo-chan moved to America few days ago because of his parents' work.."

"O-Oh," was all that came out of your mouth as you stood up. "Thank you for telling me." You smiled, "I think I'll have to be home soon."

"A-ah! Take care, [First name]-chan!" The woman shouted and waved. And as soon as you left, tears were rolling out from your eyes as you ran your way home.

'Why didn't you tell me, Hiyori..'

~~~

"[First Name]...[First name]! Earth to [First name]!"

You snapped back to reality after staring at kids as soon as your friend, Hibiki, tried to get your attention by waving her hands infront of your face.

"R-Roger, I'm here!" You exclaimed.

Hibiki had always been by your side since middle school. She had been your classmate, and she's just like a sister to you ever since you've met her. She lived nearby your house on the way to school, so you'd usually go walking to and from school with her. Though this time, after years had passed by, you still walked with her to and from university— Shimogami University, where you both had applied.

"Jeez, you've been staring at those two kiddos there for a while." Hibiki pointed at the nearby park with two little kids building a sandcastle together at the sandbox.

"S-sorry Hibiki!"

She chuckled, "You should really stop looking at kids like that. Otherwise they might see you as a pedo-"

"It's not like that!"

"Then?"

"Just some reminiscing." You huffed and looked away.

Hibiki giggled. "Anyways, we should pretty much go soon, otherwise we won't be able to reach university on time."

"A-Ah right! Let's go!" You panicked and grabbed her arm, walking to the train station on the way to university.

But before you both headed off, you glanced back at the two kids playing in the sandbox.

'Well, whatever.'

~~~

[Author's note]

Hi again, it's seo! I'm quite happy that people are reading this story. Though it's more focused on dialogues, but i'm trying!

I'm going to leave the second part of the prologue here. And i've decided to post a chapter every other week since my university is starting soon! (I'll update every 2 weeks on Saturdays)

So i'll see you next chapter, please be patient!