-Sneak Peak of Chapter 1-

"Shit shit shit" she muttered to herself as she bolted into her class.

College. Of all the places she could've gone to, it just had to be college.

Just last night she was learning how to bake cookies, the fact that she wasted her time on some burnt dough in the middle of the night was what she thought of and immediately regretted as soon as she opened her eyes this morning. Her college was never a kind one to let indisciplined students go just like that. And she knew she got herself a big no no in her attitude score for the semester.

"Bae miii~sshi? Where do you think you're going?" her first period lecturer questioned as she stepped into the class.

Bae mi nervously chuckled. "Ahahahah..I'm going into the class, of course.." she frantically reasoned.

"Ahahahah right..go sit wherever you like, princess," Mr. Woo Jin said, acting all nice and kind.

In fact, he fished out his fountain pen from his pocket and while kindly smiling, wrote down a C on her attendance. Bae mi, who noticed Mr. Woojin's kindness, sighed heavily and slumped down on her seat next to her best friend.

"Yaàah, why are you late again?" her friend Vera whined, speaking korean in her own American dialect, again.

Baemi was about to laugh at her like she would usually do, but something caught her attention more. Again? I thought today was my first in the whole month? Probably talking about last month's.

"Yaàah, why aren't you answering?"

"I'm sorry..I was trying to bake a cookie till midnight yesterday, but to no avail." Baemi frowned.

"Eh? But you didn't tell me that! Last night you texted me that you were revising for today's topic."

I don't recall revising last night, nor do i recall texting her. How can I forget such a thing? "A-ah, is that so? I baked after your bedtime, so I didn't bother texting you cause I thougbt you'd be asleep already.." Baemi lied.

"You're nuts! Why..ugh I don't get you really..can I come over to your place tomorrow night? I'll bring food so don't cook kay? I have some good news--"

"Baemi. Vera. Answer the question, will you?" A scary yet demanding voice halted their cheery conversation.

"W-what question, sir?" Vera gulped.

"It's no doubt the question I just asked, ladies. I'm sure that discussion with Ms. Baemi has come up with good answers," Mr. Woojin pressed.

"Microsecond...microsecond facial expression...micro something.." Vera stuttered, trying to at least guess correctly.

"Close enough. Ms. Baemi?"

"Micro-expressions."

Responding to Baemi's unexpectedly correct answer, the lecturer's lips formed a thin line indicating he was not happy, then he went back to his podium and started packing his things for his next period. "Very well, I think that's it for today." And he stormed out of the room in annoyance.

"You copied my answer, habo-yah!" Vera nudged her playfully.

"I didn't exactly copy your answer, Ver. And it's pabo, not habo."

Vera pouted. "Very well, I'm off to my next class. So long, my forgetful bae~" she said, imitating a bit of their most hated lecturer, Ha Woo Jin.

Baemi could only let out a small laugh looking at her best friend. Am I really forgetting things?

Completed chapter alongside with chapter 2 coming soon!