Chapter 1: Gay for Pay

Start from the beginning

I frowned at him reaching out slapping him across the face. He rubbed his cheek about to protest, but I pointed a warning finger at him. "I get paid if you mess up or not," I reminded him. The thought of not getting his money's worth made him straighten up. "Remember," I hissed again going towards the bathroom.

I could hear the door opened, and muttered voices outside. I could hear a light voice that I was sure was Mark's, the husky one had to belong to Kennedy. I couldn't makeout the words they were saying, but I knew how it all worked. Tossing my shirt and pants to the floor, I stepped into the already running shower.

I stepped inside of it wetting my body quickly, using my hands to make sure the water wet as much of my body before turning it off. I grabbed two towels wrapping one of them around my waist as I dried my sandy brown hair with the other. Stepping out of the bathroom, I could hear what was being said.

"I'm telling you I was home that whole night. My lov..." Adrian had stumbled before he said the word, "lover was with me." I wanted to kick him for being an idiot. It was a simple thing to do, why would he trip over the word lover? I was going to have a hard enough time selling this. Sometimes I wanted to take my clients, and punch them in the face. Then again Adrian Lance was famous for his temper.

It was why he needed me in the first place. Last Tuesday he allowed his temper to flare with his true lover. A heated argument that turned into a vicious beating. The world lightweight champion Adrian's fists were lethal weapons. That is if they could prove he did anything. A jealous lover's word over a proven alibi would never hold.

"What happened to your hand Mr. Lance?" Mark asked the question I had been dreading. I gave Adrian the right answer, but he was such an idiot; I didn't know what he was going to say. I watched from a distance as Adrian glanced down at his hand and rubbed his knuckles.

"Practice can be a bitch sometimes," Adrian laughed it off. Splendid, I thought, he might not be such a lost cause after all. That didn't mean I wanted to punch him any less. Calming myself by releasing the frustration I felt towards Adrian, I walked out in the room to see the two detectives standing in the entryway of Adrian's home.

I walked over to the three men tossing an arm around Adrian's shoulder. I gave him a light peck on the cheek as my hazel eyes fell to Mark. I mocked him with my glare, dared him to challenge me, to call me out, to catch me in my lies. Mark hated me; I knew that. I wasn't a fan of him myself. He hated me, but he couldn't beat me.

"Hello detectives," my voice was smooth, calm, cunning some even say. I gave the detectives a half grin Adrian stood awkwardly beside me.

"Sebastian Monroe," Detective Mark Landon hissed out my name as if it was a dirty word. His eyes narrowed as he glared at me. "You want me to believe that you are his lover." Mark snorted as if the thought of it was laughable, as if it was outlandish, and I was just wasting time.

"You know me Mark, I get it in where I can stick it in." I gave him a wink as I pinched Adrian's butt. His face turned a shade of red from my playfulness. I could read the disgust on Adrian's face. I couldn't tell if he was disgusted at the idea of gay people or if it was just me that turned his stomach. I was pretty sure that I was the reason for Mark told me many times during our relationship how I disgusted him, how I was a worm; a bottom feeder I think was the words he used.

"So Mason where were you last Tuesday between the hours of nine and ten that night?" Mark asked a sly grin on his face as he waited for my answer. I tapped my chin as if I needed to call that date to my mind. I liked this game that Mark, and I played; I was good at it, better than him. Although he would die before he admitted that fact. My eyes slide over to Kennedy, who stood there looking at the interaction between the three of us.

I glanced at Adrian again trying to read his face. I needed to make sure that he wasn't giving the detectives any tell-tale signs that he was lying or nervous.

One false move could ruin this for the both of us. Well, more for him than me, it was however my name on the line if this didn't go through. My name was all I had in my line of work. If he couldn't sell it as much as I did then, it was wasted. Not that I cared or not, like I said, I got paid either way.

"Oh, last Tuesday," I mused over my words laughing a bit. "I was here with bunnykins." I laughed at myself for the nickname. "We were, you know, getting it in." I teased. "He just keeps going and going if you know what I mean. You can ask the neighbors if you don't believe me. We were really loud." I half covered my mouth as if Lex wouldn't hear me. "Lexy is a screamer."

I didn't whisper making Lex blush red again. Mark wrote something down in his notepad, and my eyes shifted to Kennedy.

"We were in the middle of something boys." I made sure the annoyance was heard in my tone as I spoke the words. I narrowed my eyes as I looked from Mark to Kennedy then back again. "If you're done we would like to get back to the bedroom."

"We will be back," Mark promised.

"In just enough time to speak to our lawyer I'm sure." I said, and Adrian pointed to the door. Kennedy started for it, but Mark paused for a moment before he followed behind him. I watched for a few minutes more making sure to give them time to leave before I went back in the bathroom, and redressed.

"That's it," Adrian asked as I came out of the bathroom dressed again. I ran fingers through my brown hair and nodded.

"Easy as that; from here on out don't talk to them without your lawyer." I warned him, and he nodded his head. "My money," I said holding out my hand, and he walked over to his desk pulling out a checkbook. "You're joking, right? How stupid are you? This is a cash only business." I asked when he looked at me with that blank stare in his eyes again. I really hated that look, it annoyed the hell out of me.

"I have a hundred thousand in my safe I have to get the rest later." Adrian said walking over to a safe behind his desk. He pulled out a few stacks of bills. I ran my finger over it looking at him. Adrian wasn't going to cross me, now that he knew the business I was in I was sure I would be seeing him again. You don't burn bridges you aren't done using yet. Shoving the money in my bag, I eyed him again.

"Have four hundred thousand in cash by the end of the week Adrian. If not I think I will have to go to the cops, and tell them that I suddenly remember that last Tuesday I was out of town with family."

"No need to be rash," Adrian said putting up his hands defensively. "I will have your money; you know I'm good for it."

"Don't be good for it Adrian; have it." I said grabbing my keys off his table leaving his house. Parked out front in Adrian's driveway was my Lamborghini Gallardo. It was sleek, sexy with red paint, and black leather seats. Getting inside, I put it in drive before speeding out far away from Adrian, and his problems.