The calm before the storm

Bella

They say with every storm, there is a calm to everything. People feel relaxed. Nature is at ease. Then out of the blue, the storm explodes, causing chaos. This was happening to us.

Let me explain. Brila and Caleb were dating while Mariana and Kevin were having fun. Gavin and Ty were doing god know what. Yeah, I didn't even want to know what they did half the time. Then there was Andrew and me. We were back on equal footing, and we've never been happier.

In fact, so happy that things got a little heated between Andrew and me in his room one evening. We were this close to crossing that bridge. We explored each other in our natural states until Ty barged in. His entrance caused me to fall off the bed and Andrew to cover himself with a pillow.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Andrew asked him.

"Ever hear of Mack hurting you when he finds out?" Ty asked him.

"He won't find out if you keep your trap shut," he growled.

"Dude, you deflowered her," he said.

"Uh, no, he didn't," I yelled as I stuck my hand up.

"Then why the hell are you both naked?" He asked us.

"It's none of your business. Now get out," Andrew growled as Ty retreated. Once I heard the door close, I stuck my head up.

"You couldn't have locked the door?" I asked him with a look.

"I was busy. I didn't see you complaining, now did I?" Andrew asked.

"Good point," I said, looking at him.

I looked around for some clothes and found my shirt and panties, putting them on. Andrew pulled on his boxer briefs before sitting back on the bed. I joined him.

"At least we weren't at your house," he said.

"Yeah, because I'm pretty sure dad would make you into Andrea," I shrugged as he looked at me.

"That is not funny."

"It's a little funny," I giggled.

"Okay, let's see how much you're laughing when you can't walk," he smirked, and I stopped laughing. I saw his manhood. It was a lot bigger than I expected, and he wasn't lying when he said it was about nine inches. That thought scared me.

"Bella, I know you're not ready for that next step. That's why we were exploring a bit. There is nothing wrong with it, and it's very natural," he explained.

"I know. I want to make sure I'm ready because sex is a big deal to me. I mean, what if I suck at it?"

"Everyone sucks at it the first time. It's awkward, and for the girl, it hurts. It's nothing like the movies, contrary to popular belief," he told me.

"That's reassuring," I sighed.

"It's the truth. People have all these ideas about sex, then when reality hits. They realize it's nothing like what they thought. My first time was awkward as hell, and it was rough-arms here, legs there, bumping heads. A car wasn't the best place," he said as my eyes widened.

"You did it in a car?" I asked.

"Well, I couldn't bring her home or go to her house. Parents, remember?"

"But we're in your house," I said to him, confused.

"Only because my parents aren't home at the moment and no way is I doing anything at your house," he said, making me giggle.

"Bella, when it happens, I want it to be special and not at anyone's house or in a car. I want it just between us," he reasoned.

It made sense. Who wants to worry about interruptions right in the middle of things? I know I didn't.

We chilled out for the rest of the night. If we didn't, I had a feeling there would be more than exploring happening.

The next day at school, I got an uneasy feeling about something. One that I wish I didn't have. Something told me when I got home, I was going to find out exactly what it was.

I sat at the lunch table with everyone while they all talked. I still couldn't shake this feeling.

"Why do you look like you're constipated?" Gavin asked as I looked at him. "What? You do."

"Bella, you look confused," Brila added.

"Ever have a feeling, something's not right?" I asked them.

"All the time. I'm still trying to figure out how I ended up with Ty," Gavin pointed to Ty.

"Hey," Ty exclaimed.

"Dude, no offense, but I usually date guys that don't have their head up their ass," he said with a look as Ty shrugged.

"Are you sure about that because your track record hasn't exactly been stellar?" Mariana said to Gavin.

"I can't help it if I'm irresistible. I attract the crazies," Gavin shrugged.

"Hey! Still here," Ty huffed.

"Yes, we know. You're always here, and you're always screwing things up," Kevin said.

"No, I mean like, something bad is going to happen," I said to them.

They all looked at me.

"Bella, you should be happy. You're back with Andrew, and we're happy. It's nothing," Kevin said, dismissing this gnawing feeling I had in my stomach.

"There is something about your body producing vibrations with bad feelings," Caleb said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"It's like your body can sense something before you realize anything. Most people ignore it, but they shouldn't. If you feel something is off or wrong, I will listen," he explained.

That's what worried me. Something definitely was off. I didn't realize how off it was until I got home.

Andrew picked me up and didn't seem happy. Ugh. Why do I have a feeling the boom was going to lower?

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I got a called today from the prosecutor's office about Christian. Well, my parents did. I had class," he answered.

"And?"

"They said your parents need to drop the charges against Christian. If they don't, they will press charges against me for assault."

"What? They can't do that! He hit me!" I exclaimed.

"Bella, he said he was defending himself since you hit him first. He also said that I showed up at the dance intending to do harm," he said.

"It means......."

"It means they're going to release him on a technicality." Andrew looked at me as I looked at him. That was the problem with this whole situation. Christian knew how to play the system. I also didn't want Andrew to go to jail either.

I knew something was wrong, and Caleb was right. Always listen to your gut. Usually, if you feel something is wrong, it is.