P R O L O G U E [1/2]

"Oh, Hiyo-chan. You're alone again?", you overheard a lady talking to a little boy, playing by himself in the sandbox while you were playing on the swings.

From a distance, you could see him nod. "Yeah, my parents are busy today too."

"What a big boy," the lady smiled to herself, trying to encourage the little boy, "But you've got to make some friends. Since you're always alone.."

'Alone..', you thought to yourself, coming to a halt. Now that you've thought of it, you realized that everytime you were at the park, you usually see him all by himself on the same spot.

You stared at the two for while until the woman left. And feeling concern over the boy, you had decided to talk to him.

~~~

With a deep breath, you walked towards the sandbox and watched the boy who was still playing; and noticing a shadow, he looked up over the hovering figure right infront of him- his olive orbs meeting up with your [Eye coloured] ones.

"Hi," you smiled at him as you were crouching down. "May I join you?"

The boy blinked and nodded, going back to building his sandcastle,"Y-Yeah."

The sun was setting and it seemed that the kids who were at the park had already left, leaving the two of you alone as you helped him with his sandcastle. Time had passed by and none of you had exchanged words at all while playing in the sand- but you had enjoyed his company even though the atmosphere was silent.

"I'm [Last name][First name]. What's yours?" You finally spoke, looking at him while you cupped sand in your hands, patting it on the sandcastle both of you were working on.

The boy lifted his head and looked at you, a timid look on his face as his olive eyes stared at you. "Toono Hiyori."

Hearing his gentle voice, you smiled at him. "Can I call you by your first name?"

As soon as he heard those words coming out, a tint of pink flushed on his cheeks. "I-I don't mind," he stuttered as he looked down on his sandcastle."

You chuckled at his shyness. "Hiyori?"

"What is it?"

"I often see you alone here all the time, don't you have any friends?"

There was a moment of silence from here, and the Hiyori sighed. "I don't," he admitted.

"Well then, can I be your friend?"

His eyes slowly met yours again as his face softened to the question you asked him. You really wanted to be his friend.

"Friend.." he murmured, smiling to himself as he nodded.

~~~
[Author's Note]

Hi everyone, I don't really know where to start but I felt like starting a story about Hiyori. :)

I can't believe that there are just very few stories about him here and there but I guess I'll leave this one around. It may not be the best, but well...I tried.

I hope you enjoyed reading this though. Feedbacks would be much appreciated too.

Also, I'm not sure when I'll be updating. But please look forward to the next part of the prologue coming soon!~