Alternate Ending / Last one shot #9 - @controls

Start from the beginning

“Why did you leave me,” He mumbled trying his hardest not to tear up, “We were supposed to be forever.”

We still are, her melodic smooth voice whispers in his mind.

He closes his eyes and shakes his head. “God fucking damn it, Eleanor,” Louis’ hands run through his brown locks, “I need you. I really fucking need you right now. It’s been nearly six and a half years since you left and I can still see your face so clearly that it seems like it was yesterday since I last saw you.

“I need you so bad right now. There’s not a day that goes by without me rummaging through the box of our memories I keep hidden in the closet. I, uh, kept the majority of your things, El. Your mum has the rest and I even let Harry have something to keep of you. I’m just so bloody sorry for ruining your life. You were so beautiful and such a gift to this world and I—I just ruined it. I ruined your life by letting you enter my life. There are days where I question was it a mistake for us to meet or was it the greatest gift God has ever give to me?

“If we’ve never met, then I wouldn’t have had the great pleasure of falling in love with you and—you’d still be here. But since we did meet, my fame got in the way of our relationship. And may I add… the best relationship I’ve ever been in.”

Louis shakes his head again, letting his hair ruffle a bit with the cold wind blowing. The leaves rustle about between the graves and upon the dead grass. He frowns slightly at the gray colored stone that marked Eleanor’s grave. He hated coming here. He didn’t like the idea that his one true love (and only) was buried ten feet below and trapped in a casket.

A single tear dropped from his oval shaped eye and rolled down his red cheek. “I’d do anything just to see your face again.” He mumbled.

As Louis fiddled around with the grass and remembered bittersweet Elouner moments, a voiced called his name from behind. It was Harry Styles.

“You come here often,” Harry questions before taking a seat right next to his old band mate.

Louis scoffs and wipes his tears away with the ends of his coat sleeve. “I’d want to say yes, but I actually don’t. Judging by your appearance here, Harry, I’m guessing you’re the one who comes here often.”

Harry chuckles lightly. “I do as a matter of fact.”