Redemption 45

§
Chapter 45
Family ties
§

March 30th, 2018

Dont you just love big corronation dinners?" Shuri ask as the hairstylist puts her hair up in a bun with a few braids hanging out on the side. This time i actually enjoy getting pampered though this time its courtesy of T'challa whos been acting suspicious for the past few days.

Him and erik had been acting strange but erik had been strange because he had discovered the herb didnt just give him increased strength, stamina and cat like reflexes but alot of similar cat like abilities.

"Talking to a bunch of people i havent seen in years while they expect me to rememeber them, eating 4 things out of the 20 plus dishes they make and being in front of everyone with the royal family? No" i deadpan taking the brush from the make up artist and doing it myself, its not that she was inadequate because she was great its just i like my stuff a certain way.

"You say that like youre scared of people! For the past few weeks youve been training with the border tribe, learning everything you can about them and using your skills from america to help better them—" shuri raves but i scoff, it wasnt that big of a deal.

"Yeah because i feel responsible for wakabis mess, i am part of the reason the remainder of the border tribe who didnt decide to switch up no longer has a leader. Until they decide whos their new leader i feel responsible for them" i admit and leave out the part where i feel good about doing it because it feels like what i was born to do and i feel like im living up to my parents expectations.

Once i finish my make up i walk over to the changing room to slip on my dress and ditch the heels not in the mood to wear any thing on my feet. Plus my dress covered them its not like anyone would notice.

Walking into the ballroom i grin as alot of the attention is on me which turns into all of it the minute N'jadaka wraps an arm around my shoulder

Walking into the ballroom i grin as alot of the attention is on me which turns into all of it the minute N'jadaka wraps an arm around my shoulder. The looks dont last long since hes quick to glare at everyone as we walk towards Queen mother whos dressed in a floor length cream dress. Looking around i notice everyones wearing some shade of cream or white and it starts to make sense as to why i was getting so many stares. I had on a all black dress.

"Aye you got the sparkly shit on from synthesis!" Njadaka beams and i slap my palm against my forehead. This boy couldnt say nothing right. But it was cute how much he enjoyed me doing my makeup as much as i did.

"Its called highlight not sparkly shit" i tell him as we aproach queen mother.

"You look absolutely gorgeous" she gushes holding my hands in hers and i open my mouth to thank her compliment but N'jadaka beats me to it.

"Gorgeous? Pfft please. My girl look breath taking, sensational...immaculate" he brags with a goofy grin on his face and i take the time to eye him to notice his suit matches my dress and i playfully roll my eyes.