"We were just walking," Jacob explained.

"Ness was catching snowflakes," Eleanor said.

"Of course," Edward mumbled, locking eyes with Carlisle, "Irina thinks Renesmee is an immortal child."

"What is an immortal child?" Eleanor asked, looking up at Carlisle and Bella.

"Immortal children are very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them," Carlisle began to explain, "Their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village."

"Humans heard about the devastation," he continued, "Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed."

El looked to Nessie, who looked confused about the whole situation.

"Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans were slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost."

"So the Denalis' mother made an Immortal Child?" Bella asked.

"Yes," Carlisle said, sadly, "and she paid the price."

Eleanor looked away from him as she placed pieces together in her mind. The Denalis' mother had created an Immortal Child, and the Volturi had murdered her. Why would Irina tell the Volturi that Nessie was 'Immortal' if she knew what they would do to the family?

"Well, Renesmee is nothing like those children!" Bella exclaimed, "she was born, not bitten! She grows every single day!"

"So can't you just explain that?" Jacob asked, causing Edward to scoff.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts," Edward shook his head.

"So we fight," Jacob shrugged, as if it were a simple answer.

Eleanor put her fingers together, and nervously wrung them together. She looked up towards Jasper when he began talking, "their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand Jane."

"We have Eleanor," Jacob tried.

"She couldn't hold off the Kings and the guard, "Carlisle argued, "and even if she could, she wouldn't."

Eleanor threw Carlisle an offended look, "do you always have to doubt my abilities?"

"El-" Carlisle sighed, and stared down at his fiancee.

Alice cut the vampire off, "Alec is even worse, Jacob."

"Then we convince them," Bella insisted.

"They're coming to kill us," Emmett said, dryly, "not to talk."

"No you're right," Edward stared straight at his wife, "They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world."

Carlisle shook his head at his son, "I won't ask them to fight."

"Not fight - witness," Edward reasoned, "If enough people knew the truth, then maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen."

"Carlisle," Esme spoke, "we can ask this of our friends."

Carlisle stared at his long time friend for a brief moment, before he sighed, "we can ask them to witness, Edward. But I will not ask them to fight for us."

"Thank you," Bella sighed in relief, "truly."

He nodded at the married couple, and then turned to Eleanor. She stared up at him, and allowed him to take her hand in his. He lead her to their shared bedroom, where Eleanor threw herself down on the bed.

"Do you think you'll be able to go with us?" He asked, turning his back to Eleanor as he grabbed a suitcase.

"I can't afford airplane tickets to different countries, Carlisle," Eleanor scoffed, "and what the hell was that out there?"

"What was what?" He wondered, folding a shirt and placing it in his case.

"'She couldn't hold off the Kings and the Guard.' Seriously?" She asked, annoyed. Really, she had no reason to be mad at him, but he always seemed to doubt her powers.

"It's not that you couldn't, my love," he sighed, and turned to pull her into his arms, "but with Jane and Alec together... I don't want to risk it while you're still human."

Eleanor pursed her lips, while averting her eyes away from his. For all of the previous fights, Eleanor had been human, and managed to fight vampires, easily. Perhaps... if she were a vampire when fighting the Volturi, her powers would be stronger than ever.

However, Eleanor wasn't necessarily sure if she was ready to be changed yet. She wanted more human experiences; she wanted to be married as a human, she wanted to graduate University as a human.

Nonetheless, she met Carlisle's eyes again as a lump grew in her throat, "then change me."

He furrowed his eyebrows, lifting a hand to gently caress her face, "Eleanor, I hope you know that you can't fool me, no matter how hard you try. I can hear the uncertainty in your voice. I'm not changing you until you're ready to change."

Eleanor sighed, and leaned her head on his chest, "why does this have to be so complicated? I don't want you to fight the Volturi, Carlisle. What if they don't want to listen to you? What if someone gets hurt? What if you get hurt?"

Tears filled her eyes at the thought of Carlisle dying. She couldn't bare the thought of the Vampire Kings killing him.

"El," Carlisle tilted her head so she was staring at him. If his heart was still beating, it would have broke from the look on Eleanor's face. Her lips trembled and her eyes were shining with tears at she stared at him, "nothing is going to happen to me. We have to look at the positives if this is going to work."

"You're right," Eleanor admitted, "God, why do you have to be so positive about everything?"

He smiled down at her, softly, "someone has to, Ellie."

Eleanor let out a harsh breath. Carlisle leaned down to capture her lips in a brief kiss, before pulling away, "and don't worry about ticket prices."

"Carlisle, no." Eleanor protested.

"Yes, Eleanor. What's mine is yours, love. The tickets are covered," he said.

Eleanor smiled at him, brightly, "so where to first, then?"

"Me and Esme have good friends in Egypt. We figured we'd go there first," he said as he placed another item in the case.

Eleanor's eyes grew wide in excitement, "hell yes!"

***
I honestly just can't wait to write their wedding.

pleuvoirx