1.4

Two updates next week *

*

"Wake up, love."

Carlisle shook Eleanor's shoulder, trying to awake her from her deep sleep. Him, Esme, and Eleanor had finally landed in London after the six hour plane ride. Since they were only in Egypt for the day, they hadn't stopped anyway where El could rest. She was exhausted.

He glanced at Esme over his shoulder with a desperate look. Everyone was exiting the aeroplane, and Eleanor showed no sign of waking. Esme only shared Carlisle's look, and looked around her, "try shaking her again."

The doctor sighed and turned back to his fiancee. He began to shake her shoulder more harshly. Eleanor let out a small groan.

"El, darling, we have to get off the plane," Carlisle kept shaking her shoulder. The girl emitted another groan, but reluctantly opened her eyes. She glared over at both her fiance and Esme.

The last passengers were leaving the plane by the time the three took their cases. Eleanor rubbed her eyes as she followed them off of the airplane. She was excited to be in London, and she was excited to meet more of Carlisle and Esme's friends, especially after meeting Benjamin.

She hoped that the London vampires would be friendly as well.

After walking through the plane and grabbing their luggage, they were on their way to find another witness. Eleanor laced her fingers with Carlisle's, enjoying the feeling of his hand in hers. It was nice to be open about their relationship. El was always cautious about going out with Carlisle in Forks, in fear of his colleagues' opinions.

"Who are we meeting this time?" El asked when they stepped outside. The sun was hidden behind clouds, and rain had begun to fall. The weather would be good for vampires. It reminded the girl of Forks.

"His name is Alistair," Esme looked over at the girl, "he doesn't know we're coming."

"He's a little antisocial," Carlisle explained, "hopefully we can persuade him to witness with us."

Eleanor's lips formed into a frown at the new information. She slightly doubted if they would even be able to convince Alistair to help them. She only hoped that he would.

"Do you know where to find him?" El asked.

Carlisle shook his head, "that's the hard part. Last I heard of him, he was moving around London."

"Maybe you could help find him," Esme mentioned, "could you search for his mind, or something?"

Eleanor shrugged, glancing up at Carlisle, "it's worth a shot. I've done it before."

"Let's go find a more private place," Carlisle suggested, "you can do it there."

---