Chapter Fourteen: A Confession

Start from the beginning

Niall was just screwing with me. I know he was. There had to be a science project, right? Aidan wouldn’t lie to me. I know he wouldn’t. Just as I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist. I turned around only to get kissed on the lips by Aidan.

“Hey,” he smiled at me, those dimples of his appearing on his face. “I thought about you all practice.”

He slid his hand in mine as he and I walked towards his car. I couldn’t stop thinking about Niall. His stupid voice was replaying over and over again in my head like a broken record. I didn’t want to believe that Aidan would cheat on me, but the stacks were against him.

“Aidan, I want you to be completely honest with me,” I began as soon as he pulled into the driveway of my house. “Can you swear that to me?”

“Yes of course,” Aidan said shifting his car into park and focusing all of his attention on me.

I took a deep breath. “Did you have sex with Niall? Don’t answer right away. Be completely honest. I know there was no science project. You and Niall aren’t even in the same class.”

I glanced at those baby blue eyes of his as he ran his fingers through his hair, biting down on his lip. I could feel my stomach twist into knots as his hands gripped the steering wheel.

“We didn’t have sex,” Aidan finally answered taking his hands off the wheel. “We almost did. That is the truth.”

Almost? What did that even mean? Almost? How do you almost have sex? I could  feel my heart sink as soon as he said it. I kind of wished I hadn’t asked.

“Almost? What does that even fucking mean?” I huffed as Aidan sighed.

“It means it didn’t happen,” Aidan retorted taking his hand in mine. “What do you want for me to go into detail?”

“Yes I do actually,” I muttered snatching my hand back. “Because I don’t get how you almost have sex with someone. Please explain.”

Aidan bit his lip, his eyes flickering onto mine. “Why does it matter, Kyle? It didn’t happen. I stopped it. He came onto me. It doesn’t exactly take much for me to get turned on you know that. I’m sorry. I was going to tell you, but I didn’t think it mattered. Nothing happened.”

I shook my head. “Nothing happened! You got turned on by another guy, Aidan. That’s what happened!”

“But we didn’t have sex,” Aidan argued. “Hell I didn’t even touch him.”

I grabbed my backpack and hopped out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. I didn’t want to hear anymore. I couldn’t. It was making me sick to my stomach. Aidan stepped out of his car, following me to the door to the basement. I fumbled with my keys as he continued arguing with me.

“Come on! You can’t tell me that hasn't happened between you and Jude!” He retorted. “Kyle!”

“Not while we were together,” I huffed sliding my key into the door. “Go home, Aidan. I just want to be alone for a while.”

Aidan bit his lip, shaking his head at me. “Are you breaking up with me?”

His eyes searched for mine as I unlocked the door, slamming it shut behind me. I could hear him swearing underneath his breath as I tossed my backpack on the floor, before crashing onto my bed. I lied there for a minute, not moving a muscle, until I heard a knock at my backdoor. Aidan just wouldn’t give up.

“Aidan just leave me alone,” I shouted. I closed my eyes, but the knocking persisted. I groaned finally standing up. I opened the door to see Jude standing there.