Chapter Three: Unexpected Revelations

“Kyle, it will be fun trust me,” Michelle smiled. “There will be no jocks there – I swear. Tell him Chad.”

“Yeah Kyle – plus I think it will be good for you to get out especially after everything that’s happened,” Chad replied.

“We will be right there beside you,” Michelle nodded.

“I don’t know guys,” I began. “I don’t really feel like partying much.”

I didn’t though. I didn’t want to go out and socialize. It felt like everywhere I went people were judging me. I wished that that stupid photo hadn’t ever come out. When I figured out who did it, I swear I would hurt them. They had made my life hell. The basketball team was harassing me continuously and Aidan was just standing by and letting it happen. It was like I hadn’t meant anything to him.

I swallowed hard as I followed Michelle into Chad’s car. I didn’t want to sit around my house and mope all day. I guess I could go out as long as we weren’t going anywhere where the basketball team was going. Apparently, Michelle knew the guy who was throwing the party. He had only invited a select few people over. They were artsy kind of people according to Michelle, who despised jocks. That’s why she was so certain that the basketball team wouldn’t be there.

I sat in the back as we drove a few minutes away from Michelle’s house. We pulled up to a house in the middle of nowhere but from the amount of cars in the driveway and the sound of music blasting from the doors. This was the place. I groaned as Michelle pulled me out of the car. I followed her and Chad inside.

“Kyle – Please don’t sit in a corner for the whole night,” Chad joked nudging me in the shoulder. I smirked at him as he disappeared into the house. I eventually lost Michelle too. There goes not leaving my side.

I pushed through the crowd of people dancing around each other. Girls were grinding against guys in the living room, as the music echoed throughout the entire house. It was loud enough to make my ears bleed.

I crept out onto the patio, getting out of the crowd. I instantly regretted coming to this party. It was hot and everyone was drunk off their asses.

“Look who it is,” a familiar voice said. I turned around to see Jude. He was sucking on a cigarette, leaning casually against the railing.

“Jude right?” I said as he blew smoke out of his mouth.

“What are you doing in a place like this?” Jude asked. “I didn’t peg you for a party kind of guy.”

“I didn’t peg you as a party kind of guy either,” I retorted.

“Touché,” he muttered.

He ran his fingers through his dark hair as he stared up at the sky. He moved a little closer to me.

“Why aren’t you inside with everyone else getting drunk off your ass?” I asked.

“I just came out for a cig,” he laughed. “I do plan on going back inside and getting drunk off my ass actually. The night is still young but now that you’re here maybe I won’t go back in so early.”

“Please don’t let me hold you up from your plans,” I joked. “I’ll only bring you down.”

“I doubt that,” he said raising an eyebrow. “You’re way too cute to bring down my mood.”

I smirked at that statement. Jude was flirting with me. I glanced around, my cheeks flushing a red color. I couldn’t believe that he was hitting on me. I didn’t know he was interested in guys. I swallowed hard as he tossed his bud to the ground, stepping on it.