Chapter Fourteen: A Confession

After the stunt with Niall, I thought things would blow over. But everything just seemed to be getting much worse. No one could stop talking about Aidan and Niall’s supposed hook-up. Everyone kept telling me how stupid I was to still be with Aidan when it so clear that he and Niall had something going on. I trusted Aidan though and I stuck by his side. I wouldn’t let a few nasty rumors ruin Aidan and I’s relationship.

“I don’t know how you can have so much trust in him,” Michelle huffed over the phone. “I mean someone screenshot a conversation between them. It wasn’t exactly PG either.”

I sighed. It was clear Michelle didn’t believe Aidan. She was convinced that he had strayed. She constantly told me not that I shouldn’t trust him and that I should just break up with him. He apparently wasn’t worth all the headache.

“Aidan says he’s never as much as talked to him outside of school and you can tell it’s fake,” I retorted. “I text Aidan every day and that sounds nothing like him. Someone just wants us to break up is all that is and I’m not giving them that.”

“Who do you think is doing that? Jude?” Michelle retorted. “Huh?”

That was my best guess. I mean he had been MIA for a few days. What else was there to believe?

“Maybe,” I nodded. “The last time he and I talked, he told me Aidan would mess up our relationship and that he didn’t need to sabotage it. Pretty suspect right? Then he and Olivia conveniently break up and he’s MIA all of a sudden.”

Michelle even agreed as soon as I explained it to her. It sounded logical. I mean Jude had made it clear that he didn’t like Aidan. This could be his way of getting back at me for everything.

So as the rumors kept floating around, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Jude wasn’t around so I had no other choice but to confront Niall. He was a part of this whether he liked it or not. I caught him after his cheerleading practice, when I was waiting for Aidan to get out of basketball.

“We need to talk,” I said causing him to roll his eyes at me.

“Look Kyle,” he began. “Yes, I think Aidan is extremely hot. Yes I do fantasize about him from time to time. But I have nothing to do with those rumors and nothing to say to you. I mean maybe there not rumors after all.”

I narrowed my eyes at him, shoving him. “Shut the fuck up, Niall. We all know it’s a rumor. Aidan doesn’t like you. Hell he would have never talked to you if you didn’t have to do that project. So, get over it. All I care about is who is starting these rumors and I think you know who it is.”

“Most rumors are based on truth,” Niall retorted. “And a project? What project?”

I gripped my hands across my backpack. “The project for the class you guys are in. The lab report?”

“That’s rich,” Niall smirked. “That’s what he went with. We’re not even in science together.”

Niall pressed his lips tightly together, shaking his head. He gave me the finger before he walked off towards his car. Just before he hit the parking lot, he stopped and faced me. “Maybe if you put out a little more, Aidan wouldn’t be looking elsewhere.”

I bit down on my lip as soon as he said that. I could feel the blood rush to my face as his words echoed through my head. How did he know – I mean Aidan and I hadn’t had sex since I gave him my virginity. But that was only because he and I never had the opportunity again. I mean my parents were always home and they were keeping a close eye on me now that they found about him. We couldn’t exactly go to Aidan’s house either.