EPILOGUE

"okay, red or yellow dress?"

katherine tilted her head, examining the two dresses in rosalia's hands. zion scrunched his eyes up, the boy deep in thought.

"adeline is wearing yellow, so you should wear the red one. contrast and all." zion said, pointing to the red dress.

katherine nodded her head in agreement, sending her 'friend' a smile. "you're going to look so beautiful!"

rosalia looked at the dresses again, biting the inside of her cheek as she felt a blush arise. "red one it is."

rosalia stared in the mirror, fixing the red dress she had on. she felt another presence behind her, the child turning her head towards it. "katherine."

"hey, rose." katherine came up behind the curly head girl, rosalia getting nervous at the close proximity. "i wanted to give you something." rosalia looked back into the mirror, looking at katherine through it. the honoret child grabbed rosalia's wrist, putting the bracelet on her delicately. "i saved all my money to buy you this." katherine mumbled, keeping her eyes on the bracelet. "i know you wouldn't like a necklace because of the locket you wear, so i got a bracelet. i hope you like it."

"i love it, kat." rosalia whispered, sending the girl a grin. "it's beautiful."

katherine nodded, her own smile forming onto her lips. her fingers traced over the small scar that was left on the corner of rosalia's forehead, katherine sending rosalia a sad look.

"daddy says it's my battle scar." rosalia let out a chuckle, putting her hand over katherine's. "it doesn't hurt anymore."

"your scar?" katherine asked, tilting her head.

"no, well yeah, but i meant everything that's happened with allison. it doesn't hurt anymore. i'm lucky to have all the family that i was given. i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything anymore." rosalia looked down at her feet, feeling vulnerable under katherine's stare.

"you're so—" katherine bit the inside of her cheek, trying to come up with the right words to describe her. "beautiful and bright. i know we're just children, but you make me so happy."

rosalia leaned forward, leaving a kiss on katherine's cheek. "you make me so happy too."

adeline moved her gaze over the menu in her hands, feeling andrews stare on her face. her eyes looked at the man, his gaze staying on her. andrew mumbled a 'youre so beautiful' before turning to his child that sat to the side of both adults, coloring a drawing that she had been working on for awhile.

"this is the best night ever!" rosalia exclaimed, smiling at the adults. adeline and andrew nodded in agreement. "are you two going to get married?"

adeline choked on air, her hand going to her chest subconsciously. "wha—"

"one day." andrew cut her off, keeping his eyes on his menu. adeline raised her eyebrow at the man, feeling her heart race.

rosalia let out a series of giggles, covering her mouth with her hand. andrew moved his gaze to his daughter, the man grinning at the child. adeline watched the two as they started their own conversation, feeling genuinely happy for the first time in a long time.

"z!" rosalia ran through the sand, jumping into zions arms. brandon pushed his hands into his pockets, watching the two with a smile.

"lil rose!" zion said back with just as much enthusiasm. zion had a bright smile on his face as rosalia twisted one of his dreads with her finger.

"my feelings are kinda hurt, rose." nate had his hand against his chest, a soft smile on his lips.

"hey, uncle nate." rosalia said, putting her hands towards him. nate took the child into his arms, feeling the rest of the guys walk up to the group.

"i don't get no loving either?" johnson asked with a raised eyebrow. rosalia rolled her eyes playfully, getting out of nate's arms to hug the rest of her uncles.

rosalia looked between all the people that she recognized as family, appreciating the moment with them all. she could never put into words how thankful she had grown for the humans that loved her like she was their own. the incident with allison put things into perspective for the child. she realized that she didn't need her mother. she realized that despite losing the woman, she had gained another one who cared for her and loved for her since the first day they met. her eyes lingered on adeline, rosalia sending her a bright smile. the child ran up to her, hugging her waist.

"hey, love." adeline whispered, looking down at the child she loved with all her heart.

"i love you." rosalia whispered, moving her gaze to the woman's face.

adeline smiled, pushing rosalias hair behind her ear. "i love you so much mor—"

"last one to the water is a bitc—" sammy started, cutting himself off when his eyes met with rosalia's glaring ones.

"bad word, mister!" rosalia squealed, feeling zion come up behind her and pick her up. "z!"

adeline watched her brother and the rest of the group of boy run towards the water, leaving her behind with andrew. she felt his hand find its way into her own, the woman looking down at their intertwined hands. the couple heard another squeal come for the child, watching brandon tickle her until she ran behind nate's back. andrew let out a soft chuckle, catching adeline's attention.

"what?" adeline asked, leaning her head against andrews shoulder as the two walked down the beach.

"i'm just—" andrew licked his bottom lip, tightening his grip on his girlfriends hand. "happy."

"daddy! adeline!" rosalia yelled, catching her the two adults attention. "come on, slow pokes!"

adeline let out a laugh, andrew watching her with a smile. she was so beautiful, in every sense of the phase and just the sound of her voice and her laugh made him fall in love with her just a little bit more. he watched the sun shine in her eyes, the woman's brown orbs glowing brightly. adeline pulled her hand from his grip, sending him a bright smile.

"last one to the water is a bitch." adeline let out another laugh, covering her mouth after the curse word left her lips. she walked backwards towards the water and tilted her head. her curly hair blew in her face as she picked up the bottom of her dress.

andrew let out his own chuckle, shaking his head slightly. he dropped the shoes he was carrying in his empty hand, running his now free hand through his hair. he smirked at his girlfriend, green eyes shining brightly due to the sun as well. "game on, angel."

AUTHORS NOTE .

she's done !

i genuinely love this book and as soon as i find out what i want to happen in the sequel, i'm starting it ! i love all the scenes in this, but my writings off so i'll probably edit this idk !

i just want to say thank you to everyone who read this. i didn't think this many people would  actually read this book when i first started it. this book didn't even have a storyline until halfway through LMAO, but i love you all with all my heart and i'm so thankful for all the comments and votes and everything else. i'm so soft i cant-