18 » a bizarre experience

Start from the beginning

"Fuck. Louis." He mutters under his breath when he gets reminded of his step brother. What if he sees Niall?

He quickly steals a glance into his step brother's bedroom as he passes by, only to see it completely empty.

He sighs in relief, then quickly goes to finally empty his bladder.

He quickly freshens up with a shower and brushes his teeth before heading back to his room before Niall would notice he's gone.

But when he does reach his room, he's stopped in his tracks when he sees not only Niall, sat up right in his bed, but Louis too, standing at the foot of the bed, talking to Niall who's sporting a confused look on his face, his blue eyes slightly glossy and filled with nervousness, the blanket pulled up to his chin shyly.

"Oh, hi!" Louis greets enthusiastically. "Sorry, I just came to ask Harry, you know what, nevermind, it's not important. You must be the guy Harry is secretly seeing behind my back. I can see why he wants to keep you a secret– you're cute. No wonder he wants to keep you for himself. Awesome hair by the way. You know, he's completely smitten-"

"Louis." Harry calls sternly, stepping into the room and grabbing him by the arm and dragging him out. Though, he's still not able to help the slight flush on his cheeks.

"Oh and yes! I'm Louis, Harry's favourite-"

"Least favourite."

"-stepbrother in the world! Nice to meet you by the way!"

He pulls Louis out, closing the door behind him even before he could give Niall a chance to say anything in response. Also, to prevent Louis from possibly traumatising the merman hiding behind the door.

"Good choice with him, he's really cute." Louis was the first to speak up when they're on the other side of the door. "Is he the guy that you were calling the sun and you're just Pluto and all that jazz?" He asks, waving his hands around for further emphasis.

Harry rolls his eyes at his step brother, who only sports a large, shit eating grin on his face, unfazed by the scowl and glare Harry is shooting him with.

"Stick your nose up someone's arse. Seriously Lou, don't you have any consideration for personal space at all?" Harry grumbles.

"Oh sorry about that, I can't help it. Our neighbour's diary says that I have boundary issues." Louis 'fake' whispers sarcastically.

Harry sighs in exasperation. "Just get lost."

Louis chuckles in amusement.

"What! But I wanna get to know more about your friend! What's his name?" Louis asks, with a little bit too much enthusiasm in his voice, Harry thinks.

"None of your bloody business."

"Hi none of your bloody business!" Louis practically hollers at the door, intending it for Niall to hear of course.

Harry groans in annoyance, then slaps his step brother on the back side of his head.

"Ow! Piece of shit." Louis grumbles, rubbing the spot Harry smacked.

"Louis... just please go be annoying elsewhere. In your room or something. I'll tell you about him another day." He sighs defeatedly.

"Great! Bye then brother. The walls have ears so don't be too loud please." He says with a wink.

Harry rolls his eyes, not waiting for Louis to leave before he's going back into his room, squeezing in through the small opened door, only because he doesn't want Louis peeking in to see or even talk to Niall again.