The Storm

After hearing screams from the boys, the pair of teens immediately jumped into action.

Adrien was amazed by how fast Marinette could move without being clumsy. Nevertheless, he flung the trapdoor open and rushed down the steps after she did. They raced towards the living room where the four boys where hugging each other.

Marinette slid along the floor on her knees until she reached them. "Is everyone okay?"

Three of the boys nodded at her, but it was Michael who spoke up. "There was so much lightning, and the thunder scared us all. It's so heavy!" He sobbed.

Adrien watched from behind the couch as Marinette comforted the four young children. Man, she's so great with kids. He thought. She knows exactly how to handle the situation. It kind of reminds me... of her...

Adrien was broken out of his chain of thoughts by Marinette asking for his phone. He threw it at her, and much to his amazement, she caught it.

"Alright boys, I'm going to give you mine or Adrien's phone and I want you to call your parents. It's too dangerous outside so you're going to be staying here tonight." She glanced up at Adrien. "You too Mr Model. I don't care what kind of schedule you've got planned, it's just too dangerous to leave."

Adrien found himself staring at her large bluebell eyes which held so much determination. He gulped, "Yes ma'am."

*****

Once everyone had called their guardians and Marinette let her parents know the arrangement, they started organising where everyone would sleep. The boys seemed to scared to be in a different room from the teens, so they had to work with that.

"Alright!" Marinette announced, getting everyone's attention. She pointed to Michael and his friends. "You guys get he mattress from Michael's room and bring it up to mine. Adrien, you and I will go and get the one from under mamma and papa's bed."

She really is something. Adrien thought as he helped Marinette pull the mattress up her stairs. The younger boys already had Michael's up there and ready to go.

They laid the mattresses near Marinette's chaise. There was a double and a single. The teens thought about bringing Tom and Sabine's mattress up but it was too heavy and there wasn't enough room. So, they settled for the next best thing, a double up of people in Marinette's bed.

Once things had been sorted upstairs, the teens went downstairs and started to grab out some ingredients for dinner. As they did, the power went out. One again, there were screams from upstairs.

"Michael! There's a torch in my desk!" Marinette yelled. "Turn it on!"

"I've got it! Thanks!"

Marinette let out a long sigh of relief. Adrien could barely make out her figure in the dark. If only I still had Plagg with me.

He heard Marinette fumble around the kitchen and a clicking sound. A warm light filled he room. Smiling, she said, "I guess we'll be having sandwiches then."

*****

The pair made some ham and cheese sandwiches and headed upstairs. They gave the boys their dinner and they all sat in silence as they ate on the floor together. It wasn't the ideal circumstances, but Adrien was glad to be having a family dinner.

Family? Wait, did he just considered Marinette his family? Adrien smiles contently, Marinette was always there for him.

After they were all done, Marinette collected the plates and placed them on her desk. "Alright guys, are you ready to head to bed?"

Surprisingly, the boys were exhausted and agreed  instantly. Adrien watched as the four boys took their places on the mattresses and the chaise. Wait a second...

He glanced at Marinette, who cleared her throat. "Ugh... Michael, aren't you sleeping in my bed with me?"

Michael shook his head, "I want to be close to my friends. No offence, big sis." 

Adrien watched as Marinette shyly glanced at him. "O-okay." She tucked all the boys into bed and have them each a kiss on the forehead, wishing them goodnight. I wonder if I'll get a kiss. Adrien smiled as he thought about it.