Never Wanted // WWE

Start from the beginning

He pauses mid-sentence, his nose wrinkles up slightly before he leans in closer his cheek almost touching hers. "Do you wanna go somewhere quieter?" 

"Actually, I should go," she says all her insecurities flooding back, Roman looks taken back for the slightest moment and she wonders if she sees just a hint of disappointment in his eyes. Of course not.

He leans back, hands up in a surrender motion. "Whoa, I meant like an IHOP or something. Not-- Did you think--"

"Of course not!" Her head shakes harder than it has to, "I knew what you meant," She clarifies again, hoping the dim lights are hiding her burning cheeks. It was moments like this that made her wish she could be more like Nikki Bella, the girl guys threw themselves at. "It's getting late is all . . ."

His eyes are trained on her, she swallows what little moisture she has left in her mouth. "Do you have a ride?" he asks.

Her tongue press against the roof of her mouth nervously, hoping he was about to offer. "It's not that far, I think I'll walk."

She's trying so hard to retreat from his gaze but it looks like he has something to say and she was desperate to hear it. "Okay."

Her smile falls. Okay? That's it? "See you later." She tries to compose herself, hoping he doesn't notice her disappointment.

+ + + 

The whole way back to the hotel she couldn't stop herself from looking over her shoulder, wishing she'd see Roman sprinting toward her insisting he walks with her. After she made such a fool of herself she didn't blame him for blowing her off.

Still, her heart feels heavy as she throws the ridiculous jewelry on the bathroom countertop (making a mental note to return it to Renee), before turning on the shower and heading back into the main room.

She gathers her things preparing for a shower when she hears a knock on the door. 

A groan escapes her lips as she drags herself toward it, "I don't wanna hear it, Renee!" She hollers through the door she was starting to open. "I tried my hardest to fit . . ." She trails off, blinking back confusion. "Roman?"

An uncertain smile rests on his beautiful face, his hands dug deep into his jean pockets. "Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"Can I, um, can I come in?" Without a word she steps to the side, allowing entry. His eyes drift over her shoulder, "I can come back if you want."

Her eyebrows pull together, following his gaze. "Oh, no, I was about to take a shower." She emphasis the 'I' wanting him to know she isn't with someone, she rushes into the bathroom shuts off the water and returns. "It can wait. What's up?"

Roman pulls one hand out of his pocket, rubs the back of his neck and jams it back in. "I wanted to make sure you got back safe."

"Thanks." Her chest tightens, stomach queasy, she pictured this her whole way back and now that it is really happening she has no idea what to say.

He nods, "No problem . . . Well, looks like your all in one piece, I should go." He hesitates for a moment and then swings around.

Her hand reaches out for him but she pulls it back. "You don't have to." The words surprise her even though she was the one who said them. He looks over his shoulder, almost like he was making sure he heard her right. Heat runs up her neck and settles on her cheeks. "I mean if you don't want to you don't have to." She says with less confidence.

"Uh," Roman clears his throat, "I don't know if I should."

"Why not?"

His Adam's apple bobs as he swallows this intensity in his normally playful eyes, "I'm not great with self-control."

With the shake of her head, she asks, "What does that have to do with--" his lips are on hers before she can finish, soft, sweet and gone too soon.

Roman's kiss still lingers on her lips, tingling. "I'm sorry, I've been wanting to do that all night."

The tips of her cold fingers graze her lips. "Why?" Voice barely audible.

Confusion etches itself on his face, "What do you mean? You're sweet, smart, beautiful. What guy wouldn't wanna kiss you?"   

She takes in a sharp breath. "Did someone put you up to this? Renee? The Bellas?"

"Are you serious right now? Why is it so hard to believe I like you?"

"Guys like you don't like girls like me." She swallows the tears that burn at the back of her throat.

His hands grasp her hips tightly pulling her into his chest, her eyes close involuntarily a quiet sigh leaving her parted lips, savoring his touch. "There is nothing wrong with you, I think every single inch of you is perfection." 

Their eyes touch when she tilts her head back, he licks his lips before kissing her again. This time with far more passion, her arms wrapped around his neck, hands getting buried in his long hair and for once in her life, she didn't want to be anyone but herself.

 This time with far more passion, her arms wrapped around his neck, hands getting buried in his long hair and for once in her life, she didn't want to be anyone but herself

Hope you enjoyed it, sorry for the wait! I know I said that already but I'll keep saying it until I don't feel like such a p.o.s lol 

Not sure if anyone's noticed but I'm terrible at flirting, so yeah, sorry about my awkwardness.

**Unedited...which is why it switches from past tense to present, like, every other sentence...oof**

It's only 2:39pm, finish another one? We'll see . . .