oikawa tooru

nickname
____________________

"We should give each other a nickname!" he beamed.

You choked on your lunch at the sudden suggestion. Nickname? The kind that couples call each other with cringey names? That nickname?

"No," you smiled and continue to eat your lunch.

"Aw come on, won't it be cute to do that?" he pout.

"Tooru, just by using our first name is enough and you know how much I hate cringey stuff like that," you stabbed your fork onto your meat and stuffed it into your mouth.

"But all couples do that and we were supposed to be the perfect cute couple in schoolㅡ we're supposed to be couple goals!" he whined.

"No," you refused turning your back towards him.

"Couple goals!" he shouts.

"I said no!" you yelled.

"I'll treat you to McDonald's"

"Deal!"

__________

"Assy~kawa~chan~" you sang opening the door to the gym to look for your boyfriend.

The volleyball team members stopped doing what they were doing and turned to Oikawa who looked slump with the nickname. They all covered their mouths to hold in their laughs.

"Let's go~ you promised~" you smiled cheerfully towards your boyfriend.

Just at the sight of your smile made his heart skipped a beat and the cuteness of your fragile smile made him forgice you for the nickname you decided to call him.

Despite his disappointment.

"Oh.... I taught her good," Iwaizumi, who is Oikawa's bestfriend, muttered.

"Iwa-chan....." your boyfriend's voice cracked.

"We were supposed to be couple goals!" he screeched.

"Enough with your cringey ass! Did you bribe your girlfriend with that nickname thing again?!" his childhood friend yelled and start hitting him on the head like usual.

You let them be and took a video of your boyfriend being scolded by his bestfriend about many reasons why a man should respect a woman's decision causing the whole team members to facepalm at the three of you.

"Alright boys that's enough," you stopped Iwaizumi, "He promised me McDonald's so we're gonna go now," you proudly say and dragged your boyfriend out of the gym so you'd get your McDonald's.

.

.

An edited version of nickname from the first Haikyu book. No cringey names here folks!