Chapter Two: No Quirks?

Class 1A had boarded the bus to the airport. Midoriya sat down silently. He was deep in thought. To his surprise, Aizawa Sensei sat down in the seat next to him.

   "Midoriya, do you know that none of the students from Paris will have quirks?"

   Deku snapped out of his train of thought. "W-what? But how could that be?" Deku replied. Aizawa Sensei sat with a solemn face. "There might be two of the students who have some sort of... power." Aizawa stated. "There are two very famous superheroes in France. Have you heard of them?"

   Deku thought for a bit. "Miraculous Ladybug and Chat Noir? Is that them?"
Aizawa nodded yes. Deku started getting extremely excited. "W-wow so you mean that they're gonna be in that class? And we're gonna meet them?" asked Midoriya.

   Aizawa replied, "Possibly. The problem is, the identity of those superheroes is a secret. And they don't have their heroes license registered so we can't find out. All we know is that those two superheroes are high school students and one of them should be going to that school."

   Deku was confused. "Well, I think that's all you need to know." Aizawa informed. He got up and sat down onto a seat next to All Might, who was snoring quietly.

   Midoriya pondered deeply. Why don't the superheroes have licenses? Why do they keep it so secret? Do they know each other's identities? How will we figure it out? Will we figure it out?

   Those questions floated around in his head for a while.

~ • ~

   Marinette sat flustered in between Nino and Adrien. The clouds looked beautiful, but all she wanted to look at was Adrien.

   Her eyes flashed to the ring on his hand. It sorta looked like, Chat Noir's? She looked closer, trying not to catch Adrien's attention (he was watching something). The ring was exactly where Chat Noir would put his, and it had the same shape. Even if it was white, her earrings were black until she transformed.

   She cleared the thoughts from her mind. Surely Adrien, beautiful and amazing Adrien, couldn't be Chat Noir! Chat Noir was too flirtatious and corny to be him. There was no way.

   Adrien caught her looking at his ring. He nervously asked "You like this?" to Marinette. Her face turned extremely red. "W-well I just think it's pretty and all-I mean it looks like a nice ring!" she stammered. Adrien smiled sweetly. "Thanks! It's a present my dad got me on..." he quickly tried to think of an event. "- My first day of school!"

  "O-oh well its really nice gift!" Marinette stuttered. Adrien wanted to change the subject away from the ring, so he asked something else.

   "What do you think the people in Japan are like? I hear there are a few superheroes." Marinette looked surprised. "Superheroes?" she questioned.

Adrien looked excited. "Yeah superheroes! Like, Ladybug and Chat Noir! I can't wait to see more."

She was surprised, wait no excited? Fearful? She didn't know. Superheroes? How well were these heroes trained? Did they have miraculous? Of course they would need it right?

Along with Midoriya, questions floated around her head for a very long time.