Chapter 5 | Offer

c h a p t e r f iv e
— offer

a r i a h a l e
﹉﹊ ♕ ﹉﹊

' a queen
always conquers '

"By doing bad things darling."

I look at Carter blankly before laughing loudly, attracting the attention of Reuben who simply just scowls. He hated me and I hated him, it was a mutual feeling. But Elliot does nothing, he just quietly texts on his phone blankly.

"Please Carter, you can't do anything like that, just accept that you're a privileged boy who gets his worth from his parents." I state, leaning on my chair casually. Carter clenches his jaw, he seemed offended at my comment.

His cold irises meet mine. "There's a lot of things you don't know, you're new darling — sooner or later you'll be like everyone else, bowing down." he states harshly, his words cold as ice.

After that he didn't speak to me, his gaze was focused on his phone for the rest of home room.

﹉﹊ ♕ ﹉﹊

The bell rings, alerting me that homeroom was finally complete. It still confused me how I ended up having homeroom with the Kings, they didn't even interact with each other. The room was pure silence, even the teacher in the room sat, on his phone.

The first person to leave the room was Elliot Grey, he didn't give a single glance to anyone as he speedily left the room wordlessly. Carter left straight after him, not glancing at me at all.

I glance at the teachers desk, he was already gone.

I sigh before making my way towards the door, but someone grabs my arm pulling me back into the classroom. I look up to meet Reuben's hazel eyes. He slams the door shut, before leaning against it.

"I have an offer." Reuben says, his voice dangerously low. I gulp, looking up to meet his un-withering gaze.

"What kind of offer?" I question, what makes him think I would even accept any offer of his? Clearly I have a growing hatred for him and he visibly shows his hate towards me.

"You want revenge don't you, on each of us Kings?" Reuben suddenly says, my eyes widen at his sudden words. How could he realise?

"No." I state firmly, this is a trap. A big trap and he's waiting for me to enter it. "I don't even know you guys, why would I get revenge?" I murmur, trying to make myself seem believable.

Reuben lets out a try chuckle. "You think I'm stupid Aria, but I'm not." he tells me, his eyes scanning my body. "Carter and Elliot may not be able to realise but I can." he crosses his arms, showing his prominent muscles.

"Okay, so?" I question, watching his every moment. There's a catch to this, there's definitely something Reuben wants out of this.

"I'll help." he says, his facial expressions blank. It was hard to decipher what he was feeling, the way he spoke was with confidence but the way he was hiding his emotions made it hard to tell if he was lying or not.

"Why would you go against yourself, most importantly your friends?" I ask daringly, walking closer towards him. "Theres definitely a catch, I'm not stupid Reuben." I look at him with the same black stare he was addressing me with.

"They're not my friends Aria, we are practically tied up together hence we have ultimate power in this school, ever heard of the saying, keep your enemies closer." Reuben says, his gaze burning into my eyes.

I scoff, he's not expecting me to believe him. "Whatever, I don't want to know about your offer, it's clearly something stupid and this whole thing is a trap." I tell him, trying to make my way out of the classroom but his back was leaning on the door.

"I didn't say my offer yet and you're already leaving?" Reuben questions, a smirk tugging on his lips. It's clear that his offer involved a little blackmail.

"Just say it." I look at him blankly, waiting for his offer.

"The only way to get revenge on us is to get closer to us, but you're not close in any way, so I can help you with this," Reuben says, I couldn't tell where this was going.

"How can you?" I ask, Reuben pushes me against the wall behind me. Each arm blocking me from getting out, his face was intimately close, making me shiver slightly.

"Date me." he whispers, his words making my eyes widen.

I push him away but he doesn't budge. "No, I won't date you, I clearly don't like you in that way—" before I could finish my sentence, Reuben cuts me off.

"I don't like you in that way either," his lips were inches away from mine, I gulp — struggling to stay focused. "But there's some things I could get out of this fake relationship." he states.

"Like what." I stammer, damn it he's frustrating me.

"If I'm finally in a relationship, I won't have girls constantly asking me out — secondly, if I'm dating you, the other kings would want you." he explains, this was perfect. The other kings would want me, that way I could get all the information I wanted.

But dating Reuben? That doesn't seem like something I would want. He's clearly a king and kings will lie to get what they really want. What did Reuben really want?

"The only way it benefits you is that girls wouldn't approach you, I'm not stupid Reuben, that's not the real reason is it?" I question, finally giving up on trying to get out of his grip.

"Listen Aria, there's so much I can get out of this, but there's so much you can get out of this," he says, removing his arms away from me. "You can get dirt on the both of them, you can destroy them like you wanted to."

"But what about you?" I question, I want to destroy all the Kings. I want to remove the ranking system too, but without ruining Reuben — how would I complete this revenge of mine?

"You can ruin me last, saving the best for last is the way to go." he smirks, running his hand through his dark brown hair.

"So will you date me?" he inquires.

﹉﹊ ♕ ﹉﹊

do you trust reuben?

thank you for 1,000 reads <3 vote comment and share please, it would be amazing to make this book reach 10,000 reads!

sorry for the late update! school is starting in a week and i am not ready at all :(