Fourteen.

[HAYDEN HARTE]

I get in the shower and the hot water hits my body. I gasp at first but soon it starts to feel soothing.

I hummed along to the music playing off my speaker. I smiled when a certain song came on. I thought about Corbyn.

I was really starting to fall for him.

"...but I, wouldn't mind spending by your side..." I sang along to the chorus.

I turned off the shower and got out. I dried myself off and wrapped my towel around myself.

I walk out of the bathroom but screamed when I saw Corbyn sitting on my bed, which led to him screaming and covering his eyes.

"Jesus Christ child what are you doing here?" I asked. "I was coming to see if you were okay!" Corbyn replied with his eyes still covered.

"You don't have to close your eyes. I'm not naked." I said looking through my closet for clothes to wear.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes, Corbyn. It's fine with me." I smiled as I met eye contact with him.

He smiled back in response before I went back into the bathroom to change.

After changing I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't hate the way I looked. Although I still didn't love it, it was progress.

I walked out of the bathroom and sat next to Corbyn.

"So you good?" He asked. "Yep," I replied. "Okay," He smiled, "Can I still stay?"

"If you want to," I replied. "I guess I'm staying then," Corbyn did a back roll off of my bed and fell on the floor.

"Owww," Corbyn said peaking up from the other side of my bed, smiling. I laughed at his cuteness.

"Rude," Corbyn crossed his arms, furrowed his eyebrows and began walking towards the door.

"Corbyn come back, you sound like a preteen in her period."

"You gotta catch me first!" Corbyn began to run down the stairs. I chased after him.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

"What are you gonna get?" Jonah asked as we walked toward the mall food court, "I don't know. Probably sushi." I shrugged.

"K, I'll wait at here and you go get your food," Jonah sat down at a table, "Okay," I walked deeper into the food court right to a sushi place.

The stench of raw fish and seaweed lingered as I got closer.

I waited in line for a few minutes before ordering.

I gave the guy my order and soon got my food. As I'm walking back, I notice Jonah on FaceTime with someone.

"Dude, no, chill out," Jonah talked to his phone, "You're back," he noticed my presence.

"Yeah, go order," I said sitting down. "Is that her?" A muffled voice from Jonah's phone asked, "yes, bye now." Jonah hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked. "Corbyn," Jonah answered, setting down his phone and looking at me.

"Oh," I smiled a bit kinda avoiding eye contact, "I'm no Cupid or anything, but I'm pretty sure the bean likes you." Jonah said, smiling like an idiot.

"What?!" I asked, almost choking on my sushi, "is it not obvious?" Jonah said, genuinely confused.

I thought about it for a couple seconds.

"I thought he was just being nice," I said in shock, "damn you are so clueless," Jonah shook his head, "I'm gonna let you think about this while I go get my food." Jonah stood up and began walking.

Corbyn likes me?

Why me? What's so special about me?

What if Jonah's joking? He's probably joking.

But then again, think about all those times were he's been low-key romantic and cute.

Maybe Corbyns just a flirty guy...

My thoughts were interrupted when Jonah came back and sat down.

"So," Jonah looked at me, "Do you like, Mr. Corbyn Besson? The dad of all dads, the king of all kings, the Prince Charming of Thomas Jefferson High School -" "I get it, Jonah," I nodded,

"And I swear, if you tell anyone I'll kill you," I said trying to come off as a threat, "but yes," I said lowly, "I do like him."

"Yes! Oh my god Cayden is real!" Jonah freaked out, "dude, shut up!" I said.

"Awe, you guys are gonna have little Hayden and Corbyns running around someday, and I'll be uncle Jonah who babysits them when you guys are out on dates and having, Alone time," Jonah raised an eyebrow while smirking,

"Shut up," i sat back in my seat trying to hide the fact that I was blushing so hard.

"You're blushing!" Jonah gushed, "will you stop, you sound like a 12 year old girl!" I grinned but trying to sound dominant.

"Just you wait, little girl," Jonah smiled, eating a fry, "little girl? I'm literally older than you!" I laughed, "and yet, way smaller," Jonah defended himself.

"Oh my god he's coming over later," I gasped. "That's perfect,"

"What if I get nervous, thinking he likes me?" I said getting worried, "he'll probably get just as nervous, he thinks you like him too." Jonah smirked.

"What?!" I said in disbelief, "Corbyn and I literally this exact conversation, yesterday."

"Oh my fucking god. This has never happened to me before." I said getting nervous.

"Neither has he, you need to chill." Jonah said, "I haven't even kissed a guy yet!" I dragged my hands down my face.

"Don't worry Hayden, he won't judge you. He's like in love with you. And he hasn't liked a girl since eighth grade, so you my friend, must be a very special girl," Jonah stated.

I started to feel butterflies. "Really?" I grinned. "Yeah." Jonah said before taking a sip of his drink.

"Not only are you special, you are so lucky to have a guy like Corbyn. He's probably the most sweetest and sincere guy you'll ever meet." Jonah smiled.

Lots changed since September obviously.

"Even while he bullied you, he was so sensitive and caring. And you know why he bullied you, right?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah he explained," I nodded, "he always looks out for Ashley no matter what, he's always there for Daniel, he always helps out around the house," Jonah went on, "Well damn,"