Seeing Her Family

Depuis le début

"So how have you two been?" Mrs. Carpenter asked.

"We're good." Sabrina answered.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Carpenter asked.

"Yeah. We're fine. Don't worry, okay?" Sabrina said.

"Alright honey, we're sorry. You know we worry a lot about our children. We just wanted to make sure that everyone was okay." Mrs. Carpenter said, and Sabrina nodded and smiled.

"You worry about me the most though." I heard Sabrina mumble under her breath.

"I'm going to go to my room." She said, and she dragged me upstairs. "Wait Sabrina! I want to talk to you." Shannon said and she nodded. I went inside her room so they could talk privately.

I've been here before, but I never went in her room or anything. Inside, I saw a couple of musical instruments and pictures of her in her school days.

Some of the pictures were with this girl that I didn't recognize that I'm guessing was her friend before she moved to LA.

"Bearbear." Sabrina whispered and I looked at her.

"Hi Bri." I said and sat down on her old bed. She sat down on my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck and resting her head on my shoulder.

"It's fine." She said softly.

"Bri, what's wrong?" I asked, sensing that she wasn't happy anymore.

"Nothing. I'm fine." She breathed out. "Just thinking I guess." She laughed lightly before sitting up.

"Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." She said.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked. She smiled at me before tickling me with no warning. I couldn't stop laughing and I fell back and she sat on my stomach and kept tickling me.

"Hahahaha, S-Sabrina, hahaha, I can't b-breathe." I couldn't stop laughing.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" She teased, still tickling me.

"I-i hahaha." It was at the point that I was crying because I was laughing so much. I heard the door open and she jumped off me.

"I'm sorry. Was I disturbing something?" Cayla asked, looking at the two of us with confusion.

"N-no." I said, still slightly laughing.

"Oh, well mom told me to tell you that dinner's ready." Cayla said and closed the door.

"I'll race you." Sabrina said before turning running out of the room.

"Sabrina that's not fair! You had a headstart." I whined and ran after her. I caught up to her and passed her. I stopped at the end of the stairs and she came 2 seconds after me.

"Victory!" I said and she pouted. "Cheater." She mumbled and crossed her arms.

"You had an unfair advantage. Technically you cheated but I won. Don't hate the player, hate the game." I said. She rolled her eyes playfully at me.

"Fine. Let's go." We walked into the kitchen to see that everyone was already at the table. I sat down next to Sabrina and Cayla. Shannon was sitting across from me glaring, which I chose to ignore.

We ate in silence with little small talk. After everyone was done, Shannon had an outburst. "You can't seriously be dating her!"

I tensed up a bit and Sabrina grabbed my hand from under the table. "Why not?" Sabrina asked calmly.

"Because she's a girl!" Shannon said and I rolled my eyes. I hate homophobics.

"So?" Sabrina asked.

"You're supposed to be with a guy." Shannon said, trying to be calm but we could hear the disgust in her voice.

"Shannon, Sabrina can be with whoever she wants to be. Love is love." Sabrina's dad spoke.

"You're actually allowing her to be with her?! Not only is she a girl, but do you know all the pain she's caused for Sabrina?" Shannon said with anger to her father.

"Shut up." Sabrina said warningly. Shannon turned her head back to Sabrina.

"No. Because of Y/N, you almost killed yourself!" Sabrina quickly let go off my hand. She stood up and slapped Shannon, leaving a red imprint.

"Sabrina!" Mrs. Carpenter exclaimed.

"Can I please be excused?" Sabrina asked with her eyes closed. She didn't wait for a response as she walked up to her room. I went up to her room and closed the door behind me. She was staring at the wall.

"I know that you might want to ask questions, but right now isn't the time. Okay?" She said quietly.

"I know." I said and nodded.

"I'm sorry for not ending the conversation earlier. I didn't think that she was going to say that. I thought that she was going to accept it." She sighed. "But I guess that maybe not all of my family is as accepting."

"Do you need a hug?" I asked and she shook her head with a slight smile.

"No." She said laying down. "But could you possibly hold me?" She asked.

"Whatever you want." I said and layed beside her on her bed. She turned and faced me and I put my arm around her.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She said, and leaned up and kissed me. She drifted off to sleep and I soon fell asleep after her.