Chapter Three

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated this in forever, I've had a bad case of writer's block and I've just been stressed and confused. No more excuses, I've started this series, so I have to finish it. I also have to apologize for this chapter being so short, I couldn't think of anything else to write. I'm hoping the next chapter will be better. Thanks so much for all the love and support, and please continue to read/comment/and heart!

xx Carolyn 

Chapter Three

            Dark and early my alarm went off at 5:00 AM. It was my loud and obnoxious wake-up call telling me to get out of bed and be ready to conquer the day. I had an audition today, and I really want this part…I didn’t want to get out of bed though, considering I’d had three hours of sleep, and the old, plushy mattress underneath me suddenly became more comfortable than it’d ever been.

            I violently hit the button on the top of the clock, and with a sigh got out of bed. I walked with heavy steps to my bathroom and turned on the light, and then I proceeded to blink for about five minutes while my eyes adjusted. I turned on the cold water in the shower; God only knows how quickly I’d fall asleep in warm water. I stripped and got in.

            I cringed and shivered as the cold water hit me. The shock definitely woke me up because I became more alert. After I finished my shower I got dressed and walked downstairs to make some coffee. While the coffee maker was working its magic I went back upstairs to check on Addie. I was becoming paranoid.

            When I got halfway down the hall to her room I heard her scream. I bolted and busted through the door. She was having a nightmare. I ran to her bedside and gently shook her, talking to her, trying to get her to wake up. “Addie, wake up. Addie!” She woke with a start, gasping for air, and completely frightened. “It’s okay baby girl, it was just a dream,” I told her as I climbed into bed next to her and pulled her into my lap.

            She nuzzled her face into my chest and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. I held her close, rubbing soothing circles on her back. “It was horrible,” she said, her small voice muffled by my t-shirt.

            “Shh, baby girl, it’s okay,” I told her again, “I’m here now.”

            “Logan?” she said looking up at me. Her face was streaked with tears.

            “Yes?”

            “Promise me that you won’t ever leave me,” she said.

            “I promise that I’ll never leave you, honey,” I told her, “I love you so much.” I kissed the top of her head and held her close for a few more seconds. “Why don’t you go back to sleep,” I said as I placed her beside me. She nodded and lay back down.

            “Where are you going?” she asked me, noting that I was dressed.

            “I have to work today. I have an audition and a meeting with my agent,” I told her.

            “When will you be back?” she asked me.

            “I don’t know, but text me if you need anything, okay?”

            “Okay,” she said with a smile.

            “Okay kiddo, get some sleep, I’ll see you later today,” I said before I made my way to the door.

            “Logan.”

            “Yeah?” I said, stopping in my tracks.

            “I love you too.”

            I smiled and shut the door behind me. God I love that kid; she’s my world now.

            I headed back downstairs to kitchen to pour some coffee in a thermos, and then I grabbed my car keys off of the island and walked out the front door. It was scary for me to be leaving, and I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t be-but this is important.  

            To contrary belief, performers get in debt too. My contract with Big Time Rush is over, which means I need to get another job somewhere so I can provided for Addie. Despite the large amount of money we have, it’s still not enough. I want her to have the best; so schooling, medical bills, extracurricular activities, and necessities all add up.

            I must’ve been falling asleep behind the wheel, because a honking horn a couple cars behind me startled me. L.A. traffic fucking sucks, if there was any way to get around this mess I would. It didn’t look like I would be moving for a while, so I got my phone out and started looking at Twitter.

            As I scrolled through different tweets, a text message popped up on my screen.

            Kendall: Good morning babe :*

            Me: What the hell are you doing up? 

            Kendall: I just got back to my hotel. I’m on the east coast you know

            I rolled my eyes and laughed at my own stupidity. Yeah, I’d forgotten where my boyfriend was…smooth move there Logan.

            Me: Slipped my mind baby…

            Me: I miss you :*

            Kendall: I miss you too ;) 

            Me: When am I going to get to see you again?

            Kendall: Soon, how’s Addie doing?

            Me: Night 1-better than expected. She’s having nightmares still

            Kendall: Well at least she knows how to handle stress now…

            Me: That’s true, but her PTSD might be worse because she was away from us

            Kendall: This is a lot to talk about. Can I call you later? I think I need to sleep

            Me: Of course baby, go ahead and go to bed-I bet you played an awesome show tonight

            Kendall: It was pretty damn amazing

            Kendall and his cockiness. I rolled my eyes and replied.

            Me: Good night goofball, I love you. 

            Kendall: Love you too Logie Bear :*

            God fucking damnit, he knows I hate that. I can’t even be mad though, because I can picture his cute face and adorable voice as he calls me that.

            Traffic finally picked up and I was on my way to a new beginning. I had an audition for a small role on some show, and then a meeting with my agent about more auditions and financial things-this ought to be a “fun” day.